BBO Discussion Forums: Casual Bridge - Redeal - Sometimes Not Permitted - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Casual Bridge - Redeal - Sometimes Not Permitted

#1 User is offline   Sally28269 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-02, 08:55

We are a bunch of seniors who are so grateful for BBO during the pandemic. We play casual bridge and switch seats (partners) after 8 hands. When we make this switch, the host then resets the score and requests a redeal. This is because the players have seen the hands dealt to their previous seats. Sometimes redeal is not permitted. More often it is allowed and the players have to agree. Does anyone know what prompts the redeal not permitted situation?

#2 User is offline   Jim RP 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-14, 12:28

I have the same question and for the same reason. Redeal should always work, probably just for the table host.

#3 User is offline   VictaDelta 

• Pip

Posted 2021-May-22, 04:01

Using casual Bridge, I agree that the redeal function does not always work (even for the host) and a yellow message comes up along the lines of 'redeal not permitted' (may not be exactly the right wording). And then a few hands/rounds later it does. We experienced this several times last Monday.

Can anyone suggest why this might be and whether there is a workaround? Thanks.

#4 User is offline   VictaDelta 

• Pip

Posted 2021-May-23, 04:30

Given that a yellow message comes up along the lines of 'redeal not permitted', this situation must be written into the software. So I wonder if any of the 'techies' out there are able to explain under what circumstances this happens? I wonder if it's only started happening since a particular software update?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users