Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can we use Video Chat yet?

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-23, 02:53

I see that the latest client, 5.7.0, has an 'Allow Video' option in the Create tournament dialogue. Is it ready for use and will it be obvious for our players?

Is BBO doing a short video showing us how it will work for everyone to remove the mystique or do I have to play in a pay tournament to do one?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-March-23, 04:10

View Postpaulg, on 2021-March-23, 02:53, said:

I see that the latest client, 5.7.0, has an 'Allow Video' option in the Create tournament dialogue. Is it ready for use and will it be obvious for our players?

Is BBO doing a short video showing us how it will work for everyone to remove the mystique or do I have to play in a pay tournament to do one?

You are fast!

We're still beta-testing. You can try it out, of course, but it only works for pay tournaments (with a BB$ entry fee), and only on desktop for now. If you find anything strange or just want to give us feedback pls email me at diana@bridgebase.com.

We'll publish the official announcement and instructions in a couple of day once we're sure everything is working as expected and is stable.

#3 User is offline   TigressLil 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-23, 10:48

it's extremely annoying
Should be one's choice to have it on / off, what if you don't want to see or hear anyone?
Those boxes, even when empty stay on ---wasted space :(
How about adding a tab for video chat or add to settings in the account "show video chat"

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-23, 15:33

View PostTigressLil, on 2021-March-23, 10:48, said:

it's extremely annoying
Should be one's choice to have it on / off, what if you don't want to see or hear anyone?
Those boxes, even when empty stay on ---wasted space :(
How about adding a tab for video chat or add to settings in the account "show video chat"

Hi,

Voice chat is a new setting in tournament's settings. We accidentally activated it for all games when it was tried this morning, but we fixed meanwhile.

If you still have tournaments scheduled in advance, please make a small edit and save, to make sure you refresh the settings and video is off.

Sorry about this, we did not intent to surprise everyone like this. Maybe when your players are calmer, give it a try with an actual planned game -- it's quite enjoyable when players are prepared for it.

#5 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-23, 15:54

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-March-23, 15:33, said:

If you still have tournaments scheduled in advance, please make a small edit and save, to make sure you refresh the settings and video is off.

I've noticed that I cannot edit my (previously created) non-virtual club tournaments to turn the video off (that BBO has inadvertently turned on). I've had to destroy and then recreate them.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-23, 16:00

View Postpaulg, on 2021-March-23, 15:54, said:

I've noticed that I cannot edit my (previously created) non-virtual club tournaments to turn the video off (that BBO has inadvertently turned on). I've had to destroy and then recreate them.

Yes another unintended side effect. Sorry about that. We're working on a solution for this too, so we wont have to ask people to cancel and redo some of their previously scheduled games.

#7 User is offline   TigressLil 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-24, 07:58

Thank you, Diana.

I have 2 more questions now :):

1.is video chat available in the casual lounge and if yes, how to activate it? That would actually be nice when playing with friends.

2.I don't see an option to allow video when creating an individual tournament, am I correct?

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-28, 21:28

View PostTigressLil, on 2021-March-24, 07:58, said:

Thank you, Diana.

I have 2 more questions now :):

1.is video chat available in the casual lounge and if yes, how to activate it? That would actually be nice when playing with friends.

2.I don't see an option to allow video when creating an individual tournament, am I correct?

Currently it's only available for pair and swiss team tournaments with entry fees.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users