BBO Discussion Forums: robot bidding is more crazy - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

robot bidding is more crazy it needs to improve the logic...

#1 User is offline   okima 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-February-13, 11:04

I took Ax Jx ATxx K987x and open 1D
robot responced 1H, then I rebidded 1NT
while 2 Passes, RHP double for leading direction
such as MP field, I'm glad to take redouble from holding Jx Heart

.......robot changed the redouble and rebidded 2D

I already think that it's rediculous, but the more rediculous auction happened
while RHP and I Passed, LHP bidded 2H to play, I'm glad to give a penalty for this

.......robot changed the double again and rebidded 2S

.......What the Hell

robot takes Txx K987 8xx Axx

I can't say any words to this robot but WTF

Oh My
May the programers improve the rediculous logic of GIB especially while human's partner?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-13, 11:39

I was having trouble following, so here's the hand...

#3 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-13, 11:58

I like the use of "took" for "held". It's like there was a large pile of cards and you could pick the ones you wanted, but instead of "taking" AKQ AKQ AKQ AKQJ, you picked some dull 12-count to make the hand more interesting :)

I wouldn't have a single criticism for a partner who pulled from 1NTXX as North, even though it can make. 2S is a different matter though... perhaps the X isn't explicitly defined as "penalty" for GIB? (Needs some meta-rule involving doubles after a redouble?)

East's penalty X of 1NT is also somewhat brave. Zia should have never given up on that bet.

ahydra

#4 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-13, 12:28

It's an infrequent enough auction that it's not surprising GIB doesn't really have rules well defined for it; in my view you were begging for trouble on this hand with 3 dubious actions and shouldn't be that surprised to find that trouble.

I think East really doesn't have a his penalty double of 1nt, should have longer/better hearts. It doesn't even meet its requirements for the bid does it, is AQxx "rebiddable"?

Note that GIB saved you from your dubious redouble as you are down 1. I don't think you should xx for business solely on the basis of holding Jx of hearts rather than xx, which isn't going to do anything if East has AKQTx or so of hearts like he is supposed to. But I suppose the redouble should be defined as something specific with more definition than the 1nt bid. Maybe it should be showing K or A of hearts and a max? If it's for business. Then North should sit. Possible it could be defined as something else.

It ran to 2 because you opened 1 instead of 1 for some reason.

Your penalty double is also rather dubious. Your partner knows more about your hand than you do about his, in theory you should let GIB penalty double if he wants. Really the opps are not that far from making 2 x, they should make it if East actually had his first double. But I agree with K987 and a side ace that North should sit for it.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-February-13, 12:31

South's XX has an identical description to his 1N bid on the previous round.

I would be interested to know what Pass instead of XX would have shown and how the two are distinguished.

I don't think that I would have redoubled. Even assuming I had opened 1D.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2015-February-13, 14:19

Fixed East's double about requesting dummy's suit lead to match the expected suit by East and therefore this East will pass now as the hand doesn't correspond.

Opener's XX and Pass are actually identical as such XX hasn't been planned in GIB's diary.

Then from North's POV the hearts are really mismatched. East promised 5+, West 3+, South 3 and North himself holds 4. That reflected to an error evidently.

#7 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-13, 17:24

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-February-13, 12:31, said:

South's XX has an identical description to his 1N bid on the previous round.

I would be interested to know what Pass instead of XX would have shown and how the two are distinguished.

I don't think that I would have redoubled. Even assuming I had opened 1D.

View Postgeorgi, on 2015-February-13, 14:19, said:

Fixed East's double about requesting dummy's suit lead to match the expected suit by East and therefore this East will pass now as the hand doesn't correspond.

Opener's XX and Pass are actually identical as such XX hasn't been planned in GIB's diary.

Then from North's POV the hearts are really mismatched. East promised 5+, West 3+, South 3 and North himself holds 4. That reflected to an error evidently.

I have to say that Gib's bidding are correct since opener don't know what's the meanings of redouble.
Obviously,its meanings is to escape this contract as possible if partner hold low limted hand :the opener send out "Help" signal to the partner with low limited hand,and request partner to pick up a suit as final contract in safe if partner hold weak hand,usually opener also have bust 5-card suit.
So the opener should rebid 2 instead of redouble after double,and should pass after Gib W bid 2.

#8 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-14, 14:55

You may defend your XX and subsequent double, but they are certainly aggressive actions. You just can't bid that way with GIB. Pass and take your good score if it's coming, no need for greed.

That said of course 2S on a 3 card suit is terrible. Has Georgi or anyone else EVER addressed this issue? It's certainly been discussed here enough.

#9 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-16, 05:52

XX is addressed.

2 comes after GIB became dizzy about how many hearts are there at the table. After South's double they turn out to be 15 at least.

So when something is unclear GIB could be confused and found 2 as lower escape than 3.

So if XX shows something clear, the subsequent double by South would be more easy for GIB to swallow.

#10 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-February-16, 07:12

View Postgeorgi, on 2015-February-16, 05:52, said:

XX is addressed.

2 comes after GIB became dizzy about how many hearts are there at the table. After South's double they turn out to be 15 at least.

So when something is unclear GIB could be confused and found 2 as lower escape than 3.

So if XX shows something clear, the subsequent double by South would be more easy for GIB to swallow.

So, what change was made?

#11 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-16, 07:14

Nothing yet, pending for a meaning of XX.

Previous fix was about East's double which was buggy.

#12 User is offline   goffster 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-February-21, 15:45

When you don't open your longest suit first, this kind of stuff happens. I think
robot responded perfectly.

Suppose you opened 1C, see what happens in the hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users