• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convention cards on new version How to use

#1 User is offline   Khrystyna 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-July-14, 15:14

1)If you pick up a Partner just prior to an ACBL tourney starting how do you post a 2/1 cc when game has started?

2) If you need to add/delete to the cc once playing how do you do it.

All so simple on FLASH version.

I have asked so many on new version and either they don't use it or like me- mystified.

So I don't appear to be the only dull light on the street. Alas, back to the old version with the constant crashes.

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-July-15, 10:30

The is a CC tab in the Account section.

Once you're there, it is similar to the Flash version (except no FD cards).

#3 User is offline   Khrystyna 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-July-15, 12:04

Gerardo

I wish somehow you could walk me through the "how to" post cc's! Someone needs to do a step -by- step if you need to post a cc with a non regular partner, or change a cc during play once it it posted.:)

#4 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-July-15, 14:43

In v3, after Account -> Convention Cards:

You have a "New ACBL CC" button, a list of stock CCs, and a list of personal CCs. Each personal CC has a partner assigned to it.

You can create a new CC, or clck on any CC to edit it, and change your partner's name (and then save it) to effectively create a new CC, which can be viewed and edited by both you and your partner.
The Flash version and the HTML5 version will load the CC automatically when either of you sit across the other. You may need to clear this CC when your partner is replaced
by someone who has no CC defined with you. in the HTML5 version, should be an option in the hamburger button.

#5 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-July-22, 11:37

I think, the CC option doesn't work properly in the v3 version. I filled in a New ACBL Convention Card, added my partner's name and saved. The CC then appeared as a Personal Card. But as I clicked again on it, I was asked what to do with it. There were 3 possibilities: View, Edit and Delete and a window: Use with partner. If I click on Edit or View, I see only empty boxes for input and if I want to add a partner, there is no option to save it.

#6 User is offline   reesm 

• Pip

Posted 2020-March-28, 08:40

Does anyone know if the Convention Card editor in the new version is still broken? I am trying to create a customized card so my partner and I can play in an ACBL event and am seeing some very strange behavior. Thanks!

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-March-28, 22:54

View Postreesm, on 2020-March-28, 08:40, said:

Does anyone know if the Convention Card editor in the new version is still broken? I am trying to create a customized card so my partner and I can play in an ACBL event and am seeing some very strange behavior. Thanks!

What strange behavior are you seeing?

We've been having database glitches because of the load, so you might occasionally get errors trying to save the card.

#8 User is offline   bezalel 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-24, 12:57

I think the problem solution may be this: when you have selected a cc under accounts/convention cards, the "Use with partner" option is "greyed out". But if you fill in the field below with a partner name, the option button becomes active and you can press it. This should cause the current cc to be used with that partner in a tournament.

#9 User is offline   wallybeck 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-27, 14:28

View Postbezalel, on 2020-April-24, 12:57, said:

I think the problem solution may be this: when you have selected a cc under accounts/convention cards, the "Use with partner" option is "greyed out". But if you fill in the field below with a partner name, the option button becomes active and you can press it. This should cause the current cc to be used with that partner in a tournament.

I was trying everything around that and stumbled on the answer. I had put my partner's name and his BBO username in the CC, but could not enter anything into the PARTNER field, which was never active. However, I unchecked the My Favorite box and the PARTNER field became active. I put in my partner's username and hope that next time we sit together, our CC will magically appear.

#10 User is offline   Xelor 

• Pip

Posted 2020-July-16, 14:47

It would help a lot if the box (whether it is to the right of "use with partner" box or below it--it seems to move around) were visible. Yesterday it was to the right of the box. Today it was below. If I can't see it, I can't know where to insert the name of my partner. VERY frustrating.

#11 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-July-19, 18:17

They layout adjusts depending on the amount of space in the editing area.

#12 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-19, 22:02

One thing that would help readability would be to respect carriage returns so that different ideas could on separate lines.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#13 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-July-21, 11:10

View PostVampyr, on 2020-July-19, 22:02, said:

One thing that would help readability would be to respect carriage returns so that different ideas could on separate lines.

There are some multi-line sections. Just tab down to the next line.

#14 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-July-21, 12:23

View Postbarmar, on 2020-July-21, 11:10, said:

There are some multi-line sections. Just tab down to the next line.

OK. So if you use tab instead of carriage return you can separate lines? That is good to know, because when everything in a box is just strung together the meaning can be hard to decipher.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#15 User is offline   davesayc 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-14, 17:05

View Postwallybeck, on 2020-April-27, 14:28, said:

I was trying everything around that and stumbled on the answer. I had put my partner's name and his BBO username in the CC, but could not enter anything into the PARTNER field, which was never active. However, I unchecked the My Favorite box and the PARTNER field became active. I put in my partner's username and hope that next time we sit together, our CC will magically appear.

So, if you save a card as My Favorite, you can't use it??

#16 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-September-14, 17:14

View PostVampyr, on 2020-July-21, 12:23, said:

OK. So if you use tab instead of carriage return you can separate lines? That is good to know, because when everything in a box is just strung together the meaning can be hard to decipher.

I didn't try using the tab, mainly because I use an iPad for BBO and do not know how to use “tab” on it. So I separated new sections with this:🔹. Well, I have done it on one convention card; I have a lot to go through. Anyway it works well.

#17 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-16, 11:02

I defined a Convention Card (not ACBL) and it should be in use with selected partners, but whenever I ask the opponents they say they can not see it. Of course neither they nor I know how they should see it, come to that (I've never seen one myself and can't spot where BBO documentation explains how to see the CC of opponents in the V3 client).
What should they be doing to see our card and do I have some way of checking that it is actually visible to them?

#18 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2020-September-16, 11:23

hambuger menu at the table, it should say "NS Convention Card" or "EW Convention card". You can tell if your card actually posted in two ways:
  • there will be a note flashed quickly that says "convention card loaded with <partner>" (not sure if that applies if you load a new one)
  • you, too, can see your card by going to the menu. If "your direction convention card" doesn't exist on the menu, it didn't load. If you click on it and it shows SAYC with no names, it didn't load.

When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#19 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-September-17, 05:57

View Postmycroft, on 2020-September-16, 11:23, said:

hambuger menu at the table, it should say "NS Convention Card" or "EW Convention card". You can tell if your card actually posted in two ways:
  • there will be a note flashed quickly that says "convention card loaded with <partner>" (not sure if that applies if you load a new one)
  • you, too, can see your card by going to the menu. If "your direction convention card" doesn't exist on the menu, it didn't load. If you click on it and it shows SAYC with no names, it didn't load.

Thanks, I'm playing with a partner soon so will test it out.

#20 User is offline   zaylyn 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-06, 21:25

I am not able to use the convention card function AT ALL with Windows 10, PC, Chrome or Edge browsers. I have made numerous convention cards for my partners using my ipad, but none of them show up on my PC. In addition, the NEW ACBL CONVENTION CARD button doesn't work at all.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users