BBO Discussion Forums: New Version of BBO Web-client Released - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Version of BBO Web-client Released Odds and Ends

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-June-04, 17:38

In order to access BBO through our web-client, go to our home page:

http://www.bridgebase.com

and click on the yellow link near the top of the page.

You can log in with the same user ID and password that you normally use when you log in using our Windows client program.

If you have used the web-client in the past, in theory you should not have to do anything in order to make sure that you get the latest version when you log in (provided that you log in via the yellow link on our home page).

There are no big new features in this version (sorry), but we made a lot of minor improvements and added some additional functionality that was previously available only in the Windows client. Here is a (possibly incomplete) list of the changes that were introduced in the most recent version:

- If a given user is at a table, that user's profile will contain a new tab that describes the properties of that table. If there are empty seats at that table you can sit by clicking within this tab.

- GIB double dummy solver is now incorporated in the web-client via the "GIB" button in the buttonbar below areas in which bridge deals are displayed. For now the GIB button will appear only for paying customers and for now the GIB button will not appear at vugraph tables. We have had to do this because it is expensive to run large numbers of double dummy solvers on our servers. If and when we find a cheap solution (quantum computing?) we will probably make this feature free for everyone. We have a different solution planned for vugraph which will hopefully be part of the next version (and will likely be free for everyone).

- Partnership bidding hosts now have the option to control the bidding for East and West. It doesn't matter if the host is sitting or not except that, if he is not sitting, he will be able to see the East/West cards.

- TDs can now look at a list of registered substitutes and select specific subs from that list if they choose.

- It is now possible to upload prepared hands for tournaments or team matches.

- It is now possible to edit a running team match.

- It is now possible for a tournament TD to unregister players who are not logged in.

- It is now possible for the TD to easily adjust the score of the board that is currently in play at whatever table he is at.

- If you move your mouse over the scoreboard of a team match or vugraph match, you will be shown the result at the other table for the board your mouse is over.

- Other table results for the board currently in play in team matches is now displayed on the table surface.

- Several minor graphical improvements have been made. Some that you might notice include the cards being spaced out more and the increased font size for chat entry.

There may be more, but for now I can't think of anything else - I really have to start making notes of changes as they are made! If I think of anyhing else that might be relevant, I will make another post.

As usual, please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions either by sending me e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) or by making a Forums post. I am going to a long bridge tournament tomorrow (June 5). Sorry in advance if I am unable to respond to e-mail or Forums posts until after I get home in mid-June.

Here is a link to Forums thread where you can post your comments:

Link to web-client comments thread

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users