• You cannot reply to this topic

Notice of Thread/Post Moderation A place where moderators describe action

#761 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2015-December-24, 21:42

PhantomSac, on 2015-December-24, 20:44, said:

No kidding, had no idea Al_U_Card was still posting here. Feel like he posted about bridge when like chamaco, inquiry, the hog, luis etc were regs. Remember when inquiry had like more posts than everyone else combined?

Edit: looked up "top posters", forgot pbleighton, whereagles, luke warm also lol. And winston.

Hey, I retired so I. Have no time to post now. :)

On a serious note, my health hasn't be in great past couple of years, but hopefully it is on the right track now. I plan or posting a stream of BBO movies at the BB0 "store", all free of course.

Ben
--Ben--

#762 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-December-26, 10:53

inquiry, on 2015-December-24, 21:42, said:

Hey, I retired so I. Have no time to post now. :)

On a serious note, my health hasn't be in great past couple of years, but hopefully it is on the right track now. I plan or posting a stream of BBO movies at the BB0 "stone", all free of course.

Ben

"Re-tired" as in "twice as tired"? ;) I feel ya, after 5 years it makes you wish you were back at work where you could take it easy...
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#763 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2015-December-26, 13:19

Al_U_Card, on 2015-December-23, 17:01, said:

Or you could just take a vote and eliminate those who receive the most down-votes.

Quite hilarious - you realise you have the lowest Reputation on BBF, right? Since down-votes are no longer possible, it is clear that this will remain a record.

inquiry, on 2015-December-24, 21:42, said:

On a serious note, my health hasn't be in great past couple of years, but hopefully it is on the right track now. I plan or posting a stream of BBO movies at the BB0 "stone", all free of course.

Stay well Ben. Your movies and educational threads are always well received and well worth the time to go through in detail.
(-: Zel :-)

#764 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-26, 13:36

Zelandakh, on 2015-December-26, 13:19, said:

Quite hilarious - you realise you have the lowest Reputation on BBF, right? Since down-votes are no longer possible, it is clear that this will remain a record.

butnahhhh

http://www.bridgebas.../5672-chudecek/
The artist formerly known as jlall

#765 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-December-26, 13:50

Given that BBOF has decided, for better or worse, that down-votes are undesirable, it would be logical, were it possible, to eliminate the effect of down-votes from members' histories. No doubt the histories are lost in the mists of time and it would not be possible, however desirable, to make those adjustments. But I expect that they could, given the will, reset any net negative reputations to zero.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#766 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-December-26, 16:16

Might be as interesting to see who cast the stones, just to see how much glass their own house is made of... myself included.
What people contribute to the discussion is more important than how they do so but a modicum of respect ia always appreciated, if only for others that are looking on and thinking of contributing.

#767 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-December-26, 16:19

Zelandakh, on 2015-December-26, 13:19, said:

Glad you got something out of it, if only a good laugh...

#768 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-December-26, 17:00

Al_U_Card, on 2015-December-26, 16:16, said:

Might be as interesting to see who cast the stones, just to see how much glass their own house is made of... myself included.
What people contribute to the discussion is more important than how they do so but a modicum of respect ia always appreciated, if only for others that are looking on and thinking of contributing.

This from the man who openly states that he deliberately lies in his posts and is justified in doing so because the warmists do it...
Alderaan delenda est

#769 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-December-27, 08:25

hrothgar, on 2015-December-26, 17:00, said:

This from the man who openly states that he deliberately lies in his posts and is justified in doing so because the warmists do it...

Calling Dr. Pavlov.... ROFL

#770 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2015-December-27, 08:49

PhantomSac, on 2015-December-26, 13:36, said:

I stand corrected. :)

Al_U_Card, on 2015-December-26, 16:16, said:

Might be as interesting to see who cast the stones,

I asked for this functionality some time ago and Barry wrote that it is in the pipelines. What I want it for is to be able to find the post that received an upvote though, rather than some sort of tit-for-tat effect.
(-: Zel :-)

#771 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-December-30, 16:13

The Climate Change controversy unhinges a few posters but it's
  • always breaking news,
  • of vital interest to many, and
  • better elucidated by scientific observation and argument than most Water Cooler topics.

In most topics, some contributors regard some posts as rubbish. They are free to refute such posts or to advance their own facts and arguments. It seems wrong however, that simply by insulting those with whom he disagrees, a poster can close down a topic. Please would the moderators reconsider their decision.

#772 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-December-31, 08:07

nige1, on 2015-December-30, 16:13, said:

• always breaking news,
  • better elucidated by scientific observation and argument than most Water Cooler topics.

It seems wrong however, that simply by insulting those with whom he disagrees, a poster can close down a topic. Please would the moderators reconsider their decision.

SEVERAL TIMES and yes it is wrong but special consideration is often given to people with special needs...

#773 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-December-31, 08:44

My opinion (which is normally worthless):
Reopen the d*** topic so that the trolls can troll there and the fools that feed trolls can feed them there (and I can go back to ignoring a silly thread) and both sets can stop flaming this thread!
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#774 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:09

• always breaking news,

LOL
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#775 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:14

Al_U_Card, on 2015-December-31, 08:07, said:

SEVERAL TIMES and yes it is wrong but special consideration is often given to people with special needs...

Maybe non-native speakers need to be explained what "special needs" refers to. https://en.wikipedia...i/Special_needs
This piece of shite gets tolerated because he hides his insults well-enough (just like his frequent anti-semitic dog whistles), whereas hrothgar, who (a) makes his insults direct and to the face, and (b) makes worthwhile contributions to the overall forum frequently gets disciplined.

This is the kind of shiit the moderators decided to get into by tolerating the climate change thread.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#776 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:15

I am out of here.

#777 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:42

cherdano, on 2016-January-01, 13:14, said:

Maybe non-native speakers need to be explained what "special needs" refers to. https://en.wikipedia...i/Special_needs
This piece of ***** gets tolerated because he hides his insults well-enough (just like his frequent anti-semitic dog whistles), whereas hrothgar, who (a) makes his insults direct and to the face, and (b) makes worthwhile contributions to the overall forum frequently gets disciplined.

This seems to be general BBF moderation policy. I got "disciplined" by inquiry once when I retaliated quite bluntly against a rather new poster (who is long gone now after 34 total posts) who insinuated that my English was bad. My post got deleted, the original insult was allowed to stand.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#778 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:48

BillHiggin, on 2015-December-31, 08:44, said:

My opinion (which is normally worthless):
Reopen the d*** topic so that the trolls can troll there and the fools that feed trolls can feed them there (and I can go back to ignoring a silly thread) and both sets can stop flaming this thread!

The thread has been reopened.

FYI, the reason it took so long is not that we were being obstinate. The "We'll always have Paris" thread seemed to be a follow-on with the same general subject matter, so we didn't think the old one was still needed.

But since people seem to want the original, we're giving you what you want.

#779 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2016-January-01, 15:51

barmar, on 2016-January-01, 13:48, said:

The thread has been reopened.

FYI, the reason it took so long is not that we were being obstinate. The "We'll always have Paris" thread seemed to be a follow-on with the same general subject matter, so we didn't think the old one was still needed.

But since people seem to want the original, we're giving you what you want.

Makes sense. The topical nature of the subject lends itself to a constantly evolving discussion. As for those that have such strong personal feelings, it might be best that they avoid the topic. For those that wish to discuss the actual implications of the situation, it might not change any minds but at least it will provide additional useful information for further evaluation.

#780 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2016-January-01, 16:37

[list][*]always breaking news,[*][size="2"]of vital interest to many,

What controversy?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users