• You cannot reply to this topic

Movies I Can't Stop Watching You can't handle the truth

#81 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-June-19, 06:34

To Kill a Mockingbird has to be one of the most boring films in the world! Who cares about the lawyer's stupid kids? Isn't this supposed to be a film about a trial? 12 Angry Men was exciting, even though the ending was obvious and unsurprising. But this was absolutely stupid and boring.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#82 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-June-19, 07:36

As maybe I said earlier "Movies I can't stop watching" and "Movies I think are really great" are not the same thing. I'll watch various movies that I know pretty well, usually I am a bit worn down and I have a glass of wine in my hand. For example, in no particular order:

Laura (1944)
The Third Man (1949)
Key Largo (1948)
From Here to Eternity (1953)

Typically I saw these movies when they came out (Laura was the exception but I think I saw it as a re-run while I was still young) and I just settle in for some nostalgia. Laura and The Third Man have memorable theme songs. From Here to Eternity has a number of strong roles. Sniatra made some really dumb movies but he is good ion this one. Key Largo I just like. Lauren Bacall was not a great actress but she just gets in front of the camera and does her thing. I always like her roles.

I liked To Kill a Mockingbird well enough and I thought the kids were the best part. But I don't generally re-watch it.
Ken

#83 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-June-19, 08:34

I was 2 or 3 years older than Scout when I first saw To Kill A Mockingbird. It seems like all the girls I had crushes on in grade school and in high school were modeled after her. I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Robert Duvall in it that I didn't like. Gregory Peck was not too bad in that one either.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#84 User is offline   Lobowolf 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Attorney, writer, entertainer.<br><br>Great close-up magicians we have known: Shoot Ogawa, Whit Haydn, Bill Malone, David Williamson, Dai Vernon, Michael Skinner, Jay Sankey, Brian Gillis, Eddie Fechter, Simon Lovell, Carl Andrews.

Posted 2010-June-19, 09:13

Duvall's first feature film. Peck's performance is generally considered one of the best all-time acting performances in film history.

Also Harper Lee's only novel, and it won the Pulitzer. She out-Ungared Stu Ungar.
1. LSAT tutor for rent.

Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light

C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.

IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk

e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."

#85 User is offline   JoAnneM 

• LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-June-19, 09:25

Movies that are great and movies that I keep watching have nothing to do with each other. Movies that I keep watching are just for relaxation and entertainment, usually light, but not stupid. One we just rewatched on our recent RV trip (it lives in the motorhome) was "Dave".
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users