BBO Discussion Forums: ATB - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ATB 3S+3 vul IMPs

Poll: ATB (22 member(s) have cast votes)

ATB

1. 100% North (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. 75% North 25% South (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 50% North 50% South (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 25% North 75% South (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

5. 100% South (16 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

6. No blame/unlucky (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-April-08, 20:17

gwnn, on 2011-April-08, 17:35, said:

No I should not be concerned about passing the N hand, because I have a void in hearts! Finding partner with four spades would be cool but there's no guarantee. It might just be that our only fit is 5-3 in clubs and we can't find it. You're misrepresenting me when you say that I balance "very conservatively". I overcall on a lot of quite weak hands, and it's just not worth it do bid them twice. I won't reopen with the 8 and 9 counts that I happily overcall on. I believe this is common bridge behaviour, and not just my "very conservative" style.

Obviously u have no concerns about passing N hand, and no concern passing also the south hand w/o extras (whatever that means at these colors) and u stated that it would make u happy to defend 2 (by the way u are aware that it is 2, correct ? Not 6 )

In this case, i am pretty confident you will have a very happy table, because you are happy, opponents are even happier....
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users