• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating a Private Table Creating a Private Table for Friends

#1 User is offline   kato130 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-11, 11:26

Hi,

I'm new to the BBO. I have four friends who like to play with ourselves. How do I create a Private table for the four of us. Further, how would my friends know where to find the Private table at BBO.

Any suggestions to our query will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kato130

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-April-11, 11:29

When you're setting up the table, you can reserve seats for each of your friends and mark the table as invisible, so that others won't see it. When you create the table, your friends will each be sent an invitation to sit. For more details:
http://www.bridgebas...ic_partner.html

#3 User is offline   shintaro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-April-11, 12:47

Hi

You can also get your friends to mark you as a Friend then when You log in they will be notified (and Vice-Versa) if you mark them as friends.

All they or you then have to do is click on your friends alias and it will tell you where in the Club you are

#4 User is offline   kato130 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-12, 08:25

View PostBbradley62, on 2011-April-11, 11:29, said:

When you're setting up the table, you can reserve seats for each of your friends and mark the table as invisible, so that others won't see it. When you create the table, your friends will each be sent an invitation to sit. For more details:
http://www.bridgebas...ic_partner.html

Thanks, Bbradley62

kato130

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2011-April-12, 08:45

Are you using the WEB version or the Software ?

As they said it is important for you and your friends to mark each other as friends, which makes things much easier. You notice each other in the crowded name list very quickly since the list puts friends to the top of the list with blue colour.

In order to mark someone as a friend;

1-Log into BBO

2-Click options on the bottom

3-Click friends

4-Write down the name of friend in box and click ADD.

Apply this for each person you want to mark as friend. Once u see them in blue colour, u can drag your mouse on their name and LEFT mouse click will open a private chat to them while RIGHT mouse will give you other options about them.

To set a private table, on the main menu

1-Click on "Play Bridge"

2-Click on "main bridge club"

3-Click on "Start a new table"

4-Fill in the seat boxes with your friends BBO names and your game preferences, and click ok.

Now u are table host and table is open, invitations are issued. You can now as a host, always click on "TABLE" to remove a player, or make the table invisible or restricted to kibitzers whenever you want to.

Welcome and have fun, you will love it. :)
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2011-April-12, 08:56

I would also suggest checking the 'Permission required for players' option (windows client) or setting the 'Permission required to play' in the Privacy options on the web client. You can also do this after you have opened the table by clicking on the Table button.

This option will prevent people jumping into empty seats without your permission, something that can happen if one of your players disconnects.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users