Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

remove players from table

#1 User is offline   Blagger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-June-09, 13:40

Over the fifteen years I have been playing on BBO, I have set up several different accounts. One thing that I don't understand is why on some accounts, I can not remove players from my table. I always elect to run my own table so that if people are rude or just don't play a card for a long time, I can get rid of them. Is there some way to switch this feature on and off because it is very useful.

Or is it maybe just that on any given account you have to wait some amount of time or play some number of hands before you you have the ability to remove players from the table?

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-09, 14:02

Yes, there is an unpublicised minimum number of logins required to boot players.

#3 User is offline   Blagger 

• Pip

Posted 2022-June-09, 20:32

And does anyone have any idea how many logins it takes? Is it a couple of dozen or is it thousands? What a strange idea.

And does it make any difference if you use the online version of BBO or use the old downloaded version?

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-09, 23:19

Barmar has said in the past they deliberately don't publicize the number to prevent people from just logging in and out enough times to hit it.

Many forum members are of the opinion that booting rights should be *more* locked down due to the number of people who abuse it, so it's not too strange an idea.

Why you would need multiple accounts is possibly a stranger idea - while I am in no way suggesting this is what you are doing, there is a lot of potential for mis-use of this, so you'll have to live with the downsides.

#5 User is offline   Blagger 

• Pip

Posted 2022-June-10, 01:05

Wow, what a strange system.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-10, 14:47

View PostBlagger, on 2022-June-10, 01:05, said:

Wow, what a strange system.

I don't see anything at all strange in setting a minimum threshold or in not disclosing it.
I find it more strange that once the privilege is obtained, it can be blatantly abused for ever after, without any control.

#7 User is offline   Blagger 

• Pip

Posted 2022-June-11, 18:08

It seems strange to me because it is sitting on the fence. You can clearly make arguments both for and against letting hosts boot people. I can see how some people might not like it and some would be in favour. But I would have thought they would just decide one way or the other and make it the same for the newcomers as for the long established. It also seem illogical to just decide that newcomers don't get the right. Are they supposed to be less polite? Just seems weird to me. Anyway, support told me it was 100+ visits to earn the right to remove people.

#8 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-12, 07:40

They're supposed to *learn* - through visiting the site and paying attention to how it works from the more experienced. Eventually, you get some rights that could be abused (and you wouldn't have known they were considered abuse without having seen it).

I guess you could go through a forced tutorial on "how not to BBO" instead - but we all know how that works. This works just as well - see the perennial posts I refer to as "permanent pickup pool behaviour", but at least it's a try.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users