BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for SERIOUS Students - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for SERIOUS Students Do you want to play Better Bridge?

#1 User is offline   Onedown 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-13, 12:52

Hi, my name is OneDown and some of you may know me from my Fireside sessions on The BIL while others know me from way back, when I was teaching and running a school on Okbridge. I have been teaching for over 30 years and playing for almost 50 years.

I am looking for 2 or 3 serious students, Novice to Intermediate and even Advanced, even Pairs, who really want to build a solid foundation and improve their bridge. I will teach SAYC, 2/1 and my system called SANE. But most important I am going to teach you foundation, regardless of system.

• Are you looking to learn and play bridge as a long term committment?
  • Has your play hit a wall, and you don't know where to turn"?
  • Do you understand a system does not make a player?
  • Are you prepared to learn and study bridge for 4-6 hours a week?
  • Has your partnership not gone in the direction you hoped?
  • Would you like to learn in a Group format with friends?

Whether you are from North or South America, Europe or Asia I can work our a schedule of lessons and learning to fit your time frame.

My rates are extremely reasonable at $25 an hour and I can work out affordable packages for you. Your lessons will include:

• Online mentoring and play
  • After session email review
  • Skype discussion and review
  • Tournament and Team Play

I also love to teach groups. These are fun to do with your friends to learn and have some social interaction and fun at the same time. Group rates run at $15 a person and it is all interactive play and learning.

For you advanced players, I also have a 3 part Lebensohl Course I sell for $39.95, done in Word 2007 and full of graphics and detailed learning on the full spectrum of Lebensohl, a MUST for the serious player.

If you are interested in any of the above, please respond to this post and I will be in contact with you for an interview on skype or email.

BBO references available upon request!

regards;
OneDown
Richard Ternouth

#2 User is offline   anshul_kgp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-June-16, 10:03

I have known Onedown for 18 months.He is a multi-faceted and highly talented person having many other gifts apart from being an excellent teacher.Having a teaching experience of 30 years,he is the best thing to have happened to my bridge.He belongs to that school which emphasizes on "being sound" - be it bidding,defense or dummy play.Under his able guidance my game has drastically improved in all aspects.His teaching is insightful - he is able to gauge where exactly the student stands very quickly.One of his best qualities is his patience,he is willing to present a concept in different ways till it drives home.You will learn that a system doesn't make a player and whats important is to grasp the underlying principles.You will realize the importance of partnership understanding and trust - to avoid playing HERO bridge i.e. masterminding..His Lebensohl course is really detailed and a must in every modern bridge player's arsenal.
I highly endorse the quality of his lessons and his professionalism.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users