• You cannot reply to this topic

Is there any UI Unable to Announce

#21 User is offline   karen4 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-23, 17:03

View PostCascade, on 2011-December-23, 13:30, said:

Out of curiousity was 3 raised to 4.

If not then it possibly suggests that east had shown his balanced 14 with the question.

Yes it was raised, and is a good game only going off on a ruff and was flat (2 wasn't opened in the other room). I'm not suggesting there was any 'understanding' between them or any deliberate attempt to convey or use unauthorised information. However, IF this situation gives rise to unauthorised information, I don't feel it's clear that 3 should be allowed.

As a general comment, not at all related to this match or this pair, I do feel that if there is no unauthorised information in this situation then the announcement system is open to abuse. I have occasionally come across people whose hearing seems to get worse as their hand gets better :(

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-December-23, 23:37

View Postkaren4, on 2011-December-23, 17:03, said:

As a general comment, not at all related to this match or this pair, I do feel that if there is no unauthorised information in this situation then the announcement system is open to abuse. I have occasionally come across people whose hearing seems to get worse as their hand gets better :(

We're probably never going to have a system that isn't open to some abuse, although the mechanisms used in online bridge and screens reduce it. If players really want to cheat, they'll find a way.

But most players are honest, and we live with the systems we have because the potential for abuse is rarely used intentionally.

#23 User is offline   karen4 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-24, 04:35

View Postbarmar, on 2011-December-23, 23:37, said:

But most players are honest, and we live with the systems we have because the potential for abuse is rarely used intentionally.

Yes, I agree

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users