BBO Discussion Forums: Full Disclosure Using Browser - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Full Disclosure Using Browser Is it possible?

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-January-25, 15:18

Just so you know, we generally consider Full Disclosure a failed experiment. It was a nice start, but too complicated to handle all the general cases. So we don't expect to take any heroic measures to support it.

Adding a file upload button to the web version probably won't be too difficult, but it's not at the top of our priority list.

#22 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2017-January-26, 00:16

I dont understand why its a failed experiment. All you need to provide is a widget to create bidding explanations.

Hooefully when the dev team is done creating things like Solitaire and Bridge Bingo there will be time for projects relevant to bridge.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#23 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-January-26, 09:57

View PostPhil, on 2017-January-26, 00:16, said:

I dont understand why its a failed experiment. All you need to provide is a widget to create bidding explanations.

The meaning of bids depends on context. The only context FD knows about is the precise sequence of bids leading up to it. This is a horribly inefficient and complicated way to create a convention card.

#24 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-26, 14:07

When it first came out I spent a bit of time playing with it.

Then I couldn't work out how to define a fourth in hand opener differently from a first in hand opener of the same bid. Doubtless there is a way but it beat me at the time. If I can't get past the first round of bidding it felt like a real uphill struggle.

Then the odd player cropped up offering to write FD files for a fee. That kind of put me off.

Then I realised that I play with too many partners each of whom would need separate FD files if I was going to do it properly.

So ultimately, I agree with the concept, but no.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#25 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-March-07, 16:34

My partner and I wish to play on BBO using a custom FD CC (Modified Precision Club). I have the bss file, generated using bml2css.py. But since both my partner and I created accounts after September 2012 we are unable to use the old BBO Windows version.

We are paying customers (robot rental), and we would be playing tournaments requiring payment.

Can you provide us a method of uploading our custom FD CC files? Or enable our accounts to use the old Windows version? Or should we go elsewhere?

user name: ldrews

Thank you.

#26 User is offline   thorvald 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-08, 05:11

View Postldrews, on 2017-March-07, 16:34, said:

My partner and I wish to play on BBO using a custom FD CC (Modified Precision Club). I have the bss file, generated using bml2css.py. But since both my partner and I created accounts after September 2012 we are unable to use the old BBO Windows version.

We are paying customers (robot rental), and we would be playing tournaments requiring payment.

Can you provide us a method of uploading our custom FD CC files? Or enable our accounts to use the old Windows version? Or should we go elsewhere?

user name: ldrews

Thank you.

Using BBOAlert it is possible to get all the explanations from the FD-file into BBO and using it to explain the bids to the opponents
Thorvald Aagaard
Mobile : +45 22 99 55 25
http://www.netbridge.dk
http://www.thorvald.dk

#27 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2022-September-08, 11:39

View Postthorvald, on 2022-September-08, 05:11, said:

Using BBOAlert it is possible to get all the explanations from the FD-file into BBO and using it to explain the bids to the opponents

Why are you answering a question from 15 years ago?

#28 User is offline   thorvald 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-21, 15:14

View Postbarmar, on 2022-September-08, 11:39, said:

Why are you answering a question from 15 years ago?

Well the question is only 5 years old :-)

And we are many that think BBO should enable something like Full Disclosure
Thorvald Aagaard
Mobile : +45 22 99 55 25
http://www.netbridge.dk
http://www.thorvald.dk

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users