Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uncategorized double

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-June-24, 00:01

I didn't understand North's double: it wasn't negative, penalty, support, or responsive. The description says it shows at least Qx. Can he really have anywhere from 2-12 total points? Would he be unlimited if he had not been a passed hand? I presume that 3 and 3 would have been raises, and that 3/3 would have been natural and close to an opening hand, so some ranges are carved out of the possibilities for the double. What are those ranges with respect to 3 and 3, since 3-card support with 9 total points wasn't enough?

7 of the 9 human Souths bid 4. (The player who has hogged 165 slots in free robot dupes in the past 30 days but has completed only 57 of those tourneys had already left.) Is the 4 bid clear for South and, if so, why? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

#2 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-June-24, 05:46

View PostBbradley62, on 2012-June-24, 00:01, said:

I didn't understand North's double: it wasn't negative, penalty, support, or responsive. The description says it shows at least Qx. Can he really have anywhere from 2-12 total points? Would he be unlimited if he had not been a passed hand? I presume that 3 and 3 would have been raises, and that 3/3 would have been natural and close to an opening hand, so some ranges are carved out of the possibilities for the double. What are those ranges with respect to 3 and 3, since 3-card support with 9 total points wasn't enough?

7 of the 9 human Souths bid 4. (The player who has hogged 165 slots in free robot dupes in the past 30 days but has completed only 57 of those tourneys had already left.) Is the 4 bid clear for South and, if so, why? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Sort of penalty- North wants to bid 2 and the wide point range is to cover a range of vulnerabilities. It only bids 3 for an overcall with 4 card support following the law of total tricks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users