• Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2012-July-13, 10:33

Opener AKQxxx-KJx-Qxx-K
Responder void-AQ-Axxxx-Q10xxxx

1S-P-1NT(forcing)-P-
2C-P-3NT-P-
4S-all pass

Making 11 tricks.

2C bid as "sloppy Gazilli," meaning nonforcing, could be stiff. Often done with difficult hands, here partially to avoid preempting hearts.
3NT "logically" showing great club support with shortness in spades, usually void.
4S to play even opposite void.

I thought this to be a funny sequence that actually happened. Whether sick or not, it is humorous that this sequence could occur intentionally as given, with the meanings as described.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#2 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-July-13, 10:50

The funniest sequence (or maybe just funnest) I had ever seen was back in 2009 (I had just started playing bridge). The Dutch were getting ready for the 2009 Bermuda Bowl. They had invited several pairs to play against them, the table I was watching was Zia-Roy Welland and Muller-de Wijs (who were playing Tarzan, a relay Precision). The first part of the sequence I believe started out like this [all * are relay bids]:
1(1) - 2 ; 2* - 2 (2); 2* - 2NT (3); 3* - 3 (4); 3* - 4 (5)...

They ended up in 7, making it and gaining when the other table stopped in 6. After 4, he relayed for controls and was able to name where the Ace, King and even the 2 Queens and probable Jack were.

1.) Strong, Art.
2.) Diamonds + Clubs, Clubs are longer.
3.) High shortage
4.) 1246
5.) 3 controls
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users