• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

thank you Roland

#1 User is offline   HedyG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-23, 05:02

hi Roland,
the last session of the world mind games is coming up and your last as VG coordinator, so i wanted to say:
thank you for all you have done these many years to make VG into what it is and thank you for bringing me into it as well.
you have done an amazing job and VG would certainly not be the same without you
bye for now :)
Hedy

#2 User is offline   Walddk 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket

Posted 2012-September-06, 22:55

View PostHedyG, on 2012-August-23, 05:02, said:

hi Roland,
the last session of the world mind games is coming up and your last as VG coordinator, so i wanted to say:
thank you for all you have done these many years to make VG into what it is and thank you for bringing me into it as well.
you have done an amazing job and VG would certainly not be the same without you
bye for now :)
Hedy

I am still getting loads of questions about why I decided to step down as the BBO VuGraph coordinator. I could not have put it better than Mark Horton did in the editorial of the September issue of BRIDGE Magazine in England:

"Roland Wald (the 2011 International Bridge Press Association Personality of the Year) became inolved with the embryonic Bridge Base Online VuGraph presentations in 2002. Since then he has logged an extraordinary number of man hours as an organiser, commentator and observer. That immense effort has seen bridge develop on the Internet into a spectator sport, with the big tournaments attracting colossal audiences.

However, BBO has decided to automate the system to the extent that Roland now feels it is time to retire. Bridge players everywhere owe him an incalculable debt."
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users