BBO Discussion Forums: Opening Lead - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opening Lead Surely not my longest/strongest?

#21 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-28, 11:57

Vampyr, on 2013-January-26, 21:20, said:

Why? It was my first instinct.

I can't think of many situations that I would ever lead AQxx against 3N, especially with RHO likely to have the king. At best we set up one trick to have 3 heart tricks, and at worst we give them a trick they never had coming when partner could have gotten in and shifted to the suit effectively for 4 tricks. As mikeh said there is a big difference in AQxx and AQxxx where we are trying to set up 2 tricks to have 4 hearts + some other trick.

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-31, 19:47

JLOGIC, on 2013-January-28, 11:57, said:

I can't think of many situations that I would ever lead AQxx against 3N, especially with RHO likely to have the king. At best we set up one trick to have 3 heart tricks, and at worst we give them a trick they never had coming when partner could have gotten in and shifted to the suit effectively for 4 tricks. As mikeh said there is a big difference in AQxx and AQxxx where we are trying to set up 2 tricks to have 4 hearts + some other trick.

Thanks.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users