Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competitive question

#1 User is offline   Adebisi 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-February-06, 17:59

RHO opens 1D, u pass , LHO bids 1H, partner bids 2H.I have agreement its natural because LHO could have xxxx or something.IF i DBL 1D, LHO bids 1H, is 2H still nat?I asked just Italian open team member for this, he had agreement 2H=55 with spades, 2diamond natural , and 2NT 6 clubs/ 4spades good hand.Maybe after DBL 1H or 1S usually shows extras and no point there for natural?I guess so.And what if bidding goes RHO 1H , i dbl , LHO 1s?Here in my area quite often 1s will be bid with xxx in spades and Hxxx in hearts or just bluff, do we have here different situation?I guess 2s here should be natural spades, and DBL minors or just t/o ? :blink:

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-06, 18:13

standard is 2 is natural, regardless of you bidding pass or double. But other methods are not unplayable if you want.

#3 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-06, 20:02

I think it used to be standard that 1H dbl 1S dbl was showing spades while 2S also showed spades (longer or better spades). I think the trend is for 1H dbl 1S dbl to be minors now and 2S would show spades. I don't know which is optimal and it might depend on how often 1S is psyched. Even if it's never psyched, it's really a tradeoff....a second way to show spades vs a way to show both minors.

#4 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2013-February-07, 14:33

Outside Italy, it is still normal that bids of responder's suit are natural, after 1D dbl 1H or 1D P 1H
The Italians do seem to give up on bidding responder's suit naturally, which I find odd, perhaps no-one ever psyches against them*

*there was a spectacular hand a couple of years ago when the auction started something like 3D P 3S (3D dbl 3S?) and Fantunes couldn't get to their cold 7S because double of 3S was take-out.

#5 User is offline   SteveMoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, Travel, Bridge Tournaments and Writing. Youth Bridge

Posted 2013-February-07, 20:49

1m - Dbl - 1M - Dbl has a long pedigree that shows cards in M and strength to punish - Penalty. Many would find it difficult to use 2M in this situation to show anything about M as Double already does that very well. Since double is penalty, 2M can show OM + om 5-5 or so...Viva Italia!

If you play the advancer's double as responsive, then we need a 2M as natural...
Be the partner you want to play with.
Trust demands integrity, balance and collaboration.
District 11
Unit 124
Steve Moese

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users