BBO Discussion Forums: removed from table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

removed from table

#1 User is offline   kinderkat 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-March-11, 07:47

I just played for the first time last night and the table host asked me to leave the table after about an hour. I do not know why.

#2 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2013-March-11, 08:01

Hi KK,

Welcome to the boards.

There can be many reasons for a host asking a player to leave: the player's skills or pace don't match the table expectations, the host has friends coming to play, one of the opponents has a regular partner (s)he'd like to play with, etc.

Whatever the reason, don't take it personally. As a novice/beginner, if you were able to find a table to play at for an hour or so without change, I'd say you're well ahead of the curve.

One more note organizational note: the novice/beginner forum (and the intermediate/advanced forum, and indeed the expert forum) tend to be places where N/B, I/A, and E players (respectively) to post questions about hands, systems, styles, conventions, etc. You might get better responses for something that is this BBO specific by posting on the "General BBO Discussion" board. You can see the full list of forums available at http://www.bridgebase.com/forums/.

Again, welcome to the forums. Though sometimes it requires a bit of thick skin, posting hands and questions here is an absolutely great way to learn and discuss the game with some really wonderful bridge players from around the world (who vary in skill from novice to world class -- and I actually mean representing their countries in world open competitions).
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#3 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-March-11, 08:02

Could be almost any reason. Don't worry too much, it happens from time to time. If it bothers you a lot, make a note in that player's profile, and do not play at his table again.

Also, you could ask the host the reason. You won't always get an answer, or you might get a rude one, but it can't hurt to try.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#4 User is offline   plum_tree 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-June-25, 02:46

An appeal to BBO:
We have the "Main Bridge Club" and the "Relaxed Bridge Club." Please create a third, "Novice / Beginner Bridge Club." It's awful having your partners run after every two boards because your standard of play is still low. Having a "Novice / Beginner Bridge Club" the chances are extremely low that your partner will run. Newbies can chat freely to each other without any fear of being ridiculed.

#5 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-25, 03:08

"Relaxed" is pretty much what you want.

#6 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-25, 06:01

As Antrax writes, this was one of the design goals of the Relaxed Bridge Club. For a better version of this you could join the BIL (Beginners Intermediate Lounge) but it does entail a small fee. To compensate you get a varied set of expert lessons aimed at newer players as well as the use of the club tables, at which runners are unusual.
(-: Zel :-)

#7 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-27, 11:22

Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) has now split into two. Although there is still a pay for private area, there is now also a free section found under public clubs which does not involve a fee.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users