BBO Discussion Forums: an unknown to me defensive agreement - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

an unknown to me defensive agreement From Sabine Auken

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2013-May-02, 15:25

Could you talk a little bit about your favorite defensive agreements. Thanks

Sabine Auken reply

That would be signaling at trick 1 against NT. The method was originally developed by my good friend Georg Nippgen from Germany (winner of the world championships in Geneva 1990). Unless there is shortness in dummy or the opening lead has asked for an unblock 3rd hand always signals as follows (S denotes the card 3rd hand plays):

xS, Sxx, HSx, xxSx, xxxxS

The ingenious thing about it is, if you can identify partner's card as the lowest you will usually know whether it is from two or from five which is sometimes difficult to signal, especially without an honor.

---------
First time ive heard of something like this.

If i play basic UDCA and have a 5 card suit playing low give no problems. If i have only two playing the highest will do well too. So the gain must be when I hold xxx or xxxx but it seem that the signals might be hard to read.

1Nt--all pass and lets just say that the lead is from

AT75 and dummy has KQ.

J82,8xx, 98, = the 8.
9862,J62,642 = 6

Maybe it work better when the lead is from a 5 card suit.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   mfa1010 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-May-02, 16:59

Linczmayer calls it Reese Count. I haven't tried it yet but I looks to me to have a lot of merit instead of UDCA count in a count situation.
Michael Askgaard

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users