BBO Discussion Forums: Do better than I did - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Do better than I did

#1 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-June-23, 07:05

West leads a small spade, plan the play. I took my eye off the ball and misplayed this, as did the other declarer who was in it.

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-23, 07:36

Is there a typo in the bidding, or should we really find a way to make 12 tricks on this hand?

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2013-June-23, 07:46

Win spade Ace, pitching a heart. Finesse the club Q. Cash club Ace. Lead low heart. Win any return, cash heart ace, cross to dummy in clubs and ruff a heart back to hand. If hearts are 3-3, cross to diamond king and pitch a diamond on the long heart winner. If this doesn't work, there is a remote chance of a squeeze but I wouldn't count on it. :)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#4 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-23, 08:19

View PostWinstonm, on 2013-June-23, 07:46, said:

Win spade Ace, pitching a heart. Finesse the club Q. Cash club Ace. Lead low heart. Win any return, cash heart ace, cross to dummy in clubs and ruff a heart back to hand. If hearts are 3-3, cross to diamond king and pitch a diamond on the long heart winner. If this doesn't work, there is a remote chance of a squeeze against LHO but I wouldn't count on it. :)

Exactly, it really is that simple, the key is to pitch the heart not the diamond, I thought I might need the third heart for a squeeze so I could pitch dummy's hearts on the clubs, and there was no recovery from there.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users