BBO Discussion Forums: World Championship - Bali vug - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Championship - Bali vug looking for commentators + updates and vug related stuff

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-September-10, 19:42

Hi everyone,

Bali vugraph is almost here. Here's the official site for 41st World Team Championships

http://www.worldbridge41bali.com/

Broadcast on BBO starts on Tuesday, Sept 17 (Monday evening in the US). Here'is a direct link to BBO's vugraph event:

http://www.bridgebas...p?event_id=1836

We'd appreciate help with commentary, both written and voice. There will be 10 tables per session, 3 sessions per day - so a lot of tables to cover! I am aware that many of you are booked already, either playing or busy at the playing site, but if you happen to be online and free to join in for a few sessions - any contribution is appreciated. For those playing, good luck! We'll be cheering for you on BBO :)

Extra info (mostly vugraph related) is available on this site, created by Traian Chira (bebechira on BBO, operator extraordinaire and WBF's vugraph coordinator for this event):

http://livebridge.ne...hp?eventid=1013

Notice there are CCs available for all teams and partnerships. Player profiles will be visible at the vugraph table, so if you are on web just click a player to get CCs and other info about him/her.

We'll do live video streaming from one table, thanks to bebechira's efforts. It would be nice to have audio too, but so far just a few of our regular commentators confirmed that they will be able to help with voice commentary. We'll need more "voices" to be able to properly cover this event.

Here's a guide to voice commentary, if you'd like to give it a try:
http://doc.bridgebas...hvoicehelp.html

You can test voice anytime at a teaching table on BBO (note that you need to use the web version for voice commentary).

New commentators are welcome as well - if you'd like to begin your vugraph commentator career at the World Championships, please email us at vugraph@bridgebase.com

Thank you!

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2013-September-12, 16:30

#2 User is offline   twcho 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-September-11, 18:58

The livebridge.net is a really wonderful source of information for the coming Bali Champions

#3 User is offline   jallerton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-September-12, 16:06

Thanks for the helpful information, Diana.

The only part which some people might find slightly misleading is:

View Postdiana_eva, on 2013-September-10, 19:42, said:

Broadcast on BBO starts on Monday, Sept. 16 (Tuesday, Sept 17 for Europe).

Although the opening ceremony (not covered on BBO, I assume!) is on Monday 16th September, play does not start until 11.00 local time (Central Indonesian Time,GMT+8) on Tuesday 17th September. At this point it will also be Tuesday in not just Europe, but also the rest of Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Africa and most of South America.
It will still be Monday evening in some countries including (most of) North and Central America, but by the second set most of these places will have moved into Tuesday too.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-12, 16:28

View Postjallerton, on 2013-September-12, 16:06, said:

Thanks for the helpful information, Diana.

The only part which some people might find slightly misleading is:

Although the opening ceremony (not covered on BBO, I assume!) is on Monday 16th September, play does not start until 11.00 local time (Central Indonesian Time,GMT+8) on Tuesday 17th September. At this point it will also be Tuesday in not just Europe, but also the rest of Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Africa and most of South America.
It will still be Monday evening in some countries including (most of) North and Central America, but by the second set most of these places will have moved into Tuesday too.

Yes, I am very bad at converting times sry. I think it's Monday evening in the US and I was trying to convert it starting from US. Not a big deal though because vugraph schedule shows when the play starts in reader's time. I hope those who can help will figure it out by clicking the vugraph link.

Edited the original post too.

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2013-September-12, 16:31

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-15, 16:55

More updates:
Traian arrived in Bali yesterday and now we know there will be 7 matches per session for BBO. That's 14 tables, 3 times a day. It's the biggest vugraph event on BBO so far and also Traian's biggest project ever.

The camera is set up in BBO-2 Open Room and will stay there. Check out the Schedule on Traian's site to see who will be featured on video. We'll do our best to always have voice commentary in that room (I hope that's possible!)

This is the schedule, and it will be updated to show which teams and players will be shown on BBO. Right now we don't have the line-ups yet, but as soon as Traian gets them, he'll update the site in 2 minutes (so he says, I think it will be more like 50 seconds, but he is too modest :) )

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-15, 22:14

Day 1 schedule is posted. In the video room (BBO-2 Open) we'll have live video streaming from:
Japan vs Australia (BB)
India vs Germany (BB)
Indonesia vs Monaco (BB)

Camera is set up and live now:
http://new.livestrea...39416/WBTC-Bali

See full schedule here:

#7 User is offline   TMorris 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-17, 06:38

The format of the vugraph page has changed. Is there a way to change it back to the previous format? If not how do I find both tables of a match as today I only seemed to be able to find one which seems strange.
Thanks for any help
deucetoace

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-17, 14:33

They're both there, you may need to widen your browser window or hide the Who's Online/My Results display to see them both (click on the tab at the far right). In the next version we'll add a scrollbar.

#9 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2013-September-17, 16:37

How do commentators know which tables (and whether voice/text) they should be at for a given session?

#10 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-17, 18:17

View PostDJNeill, on 2013-September-17, 16:37, said:

How do commentators know which tables (and whether voice/text) they should be at for a given session?

They can tell Traian or me online that they wish to help, and we'll tell them which table needs commentary. Or, they can just join their favorite and start commenting.

If you, Dan, can help with voice commentary, I'll contact you online to let you know which table will have voice (we don't really know in advance, only after the schedule is published).

For tomorrow it'll be BB England - Italy 1st session, which is also the video room. 2nd segment of the day, it'll be BB Poland USA1 most likely, then BB Poland USA2 for the last segment (again in the video room).

#11 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-22, 07:00

Just posting to say Thank You to all the commentators who have been helping with the World Championships (forum regulars among them). Massive effort from a lot of people, thanks everyone :)

Tomorrow (tonight for USA) we'll have USA1 - Japan on video for 1st session, then Australia - England in next round. 3rd round BBO matches not decided yet:

http://webutil.bridg...tch.php?id=1714

#12 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-23, 01:29

RR21 matches on BBO:

Poland - Japan (BB)
Monaco - Netherlands (BB)
China - Italy (BB)
Canada - USA1 (BB)
Germany - England (BB)
France - England (VC)
Indonesia - USA2 (SEN)

#13 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-30, 16:20

The hours were pretty bad for US, CA and Europe, but in case you missed the exciting rounds, Dave Thompson recorded some of the voice sessions and uploaded the videos on youtube (including the Venice Cup final set)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAmontay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users