Page 1 of 1

Another DBL or Not

#1 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2013-August-09, 16:35

Matchpoints as always.

I've found myself doubling rather than passing more and more on hands like this but not sure if I should be a bit more disciplined!!

Thanks,

Eagles
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2013-August-09, 17:08

eagles123, on 2013-August-09, 16:35, said:

Matchpoints as always.

I've found myself doubling rather than passing more and more on hands like this but not sure if I should be a bit more disciplined!!

Thanks,

Eagles

I think you'd find that almost all good players would double with this, but most of them would consider this to be about the worst hand they could hold.

I'd double but would often pass similar 11 counts. I double because of the hearts and the fact that I have Aces and Kings in my 11 count. In addition, I am white v red. I would pass red v white, tho I suspect that I'd be in the minority there.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-09, 17:14

Don't fight the spade suit.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users