• Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-August-21, 02:15

Give me your auction-
And comment mine please (I am Sud)

#2 User is offline   CamHenry 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-21, 02:26

1. What system are you playing? If it's not 2/1, S should respond 2 to show the relative suit lengths.
2. I'll assume you ARE playing 2/1, so S can be forgiven for the 1 response. In that case, I'm OK up to the 2 bid. Do you play 2 as forcing? If it is, then South's 3 is a big underbid, since it probably shows xx/KQxxx/xx/Qxxx or similar. If it is non-forcing, 3 is a slight underbid but not too bad.
3. North's 3 bid isn't too bad - it shows, I think, 3-card heart support (and therefore at most one spade). It also shows better than a minimum for previous bidding, which North technically has, but not by a long way.
4. South then bid 4. Was this intended as a slam try in ? There's a fair argument that 3 establishes a game-force, especially if 2 was non-forcing. If 4 was to play, S needs a serious lesson in hand evaluation: you know there's at most 1 spade loser; partner can probably cover a heart loser meaning you only have 1 heart loser; your clubs are excellent, and you have good diamond filler.
5. North evidently thought 4 was non-forcing. I don't think it should be, but what N should do depends on the possible strength of the S hand.

Overall I think you need to form agreements on:
- whether you're playing 2/1 or not, and therefore whether S should show his longer suit first
- whether N's 2 rebid is forcing (as a new suit) or NF
- whether 3 is F1, GF, or neither (I'd recommend GF)
- how strong S needs to be to make a slam try after 3
- how strong N needs to be to cooperate with that slam try

For what it's worth, I'd want to find 5 on this board; the fact that 6 makes is neither here nor there. I'm also surprised your oppo didn't intervene at all!

#3 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-21, 02:33

agree with 1h we don't have a gf hand

so we have an issue.

if you think this is a gf hand ...then pard don't open on crap.

1d=1h
2c or 2d?

so:

1d=1h
2d=?

or

1d=1h
2c=?

#4 User is offline   Endymion77 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NFL, NBA, poker

Posted 2013-August-21, 03:01

I really hate the 2 rebid by North, 2 seems obvious to me. When you have a 6-4 hand, the standard way to bid it is AAB with a weak hand, ABA with a strong hand and North's hand certainly doesn't qualify as strong.

I would also start with 2 as South instead of 1 even if playing 2/1. When I have a full opening hand and partner has opened, we're in a game force - it's much easier to play that way.

1 - 2 (game force)
3 (good club support, spade shortness) - 4 (cue bid, no diamond control)
4 (void) - 5 (nothing more to say)
Pass or 6 if you're feeling lucky, but with no top honor in clubs I think it isn't warranted

#5 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-21, 04:08

View PostEndymion77, on 2013-August-21, 03:01, said:

I really hate the 2 rebid by North, 2 seems obvious to me. When you have a 6-4 hand, the standard way to bid it is AAB with a weak hand, ABA with a strong hand and North's hand certainly doesn't qualify as strong.

I would also start with 2 as South instead of 1 even if playing 2/1. When I have a full opening hand and partner has opened, we're in a game force - it's much easier to play that way.

1 - 2 (game force)
3 (good club support, spade shortness) - 4 (cue bid, no diamond control)
4 (void) - 5 (nothing more to say)
Pass or 6 if you're feeling lucky, but with no top honor in clubs I think it isn't warranted

Which game do you want to be in opposite Axxx, xx, AKxxx, xx another full opening hand ?

Playing Acol:

1-2
3-3(maybe natural, maybe NT probe)
4(exclusion)-4N(0/3)
5(Q?)-5N(no)

#6 User is offline   Endymion77 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NFL, NBA, poker

Posted 2013-August-21, 04:14

> Which game do you want to be in opposite Axxx, xx, AKxxx, xx another full opening hand ?

I'll end in 3NT going down. When both hands are at the absolute minimum and there's no fit, obviously we'll go down sometimes. If you think you have no gf hand, you'll start with 1 and the bidding might go 1 - 2NT - Pass which isn't a huge improvement and could easily be also down.

#7 User is offline   patroclo 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-21, 04:32

The players are 3 bots.
Question: wHen have one to show a 2 over 1 or a 1 major standing in a low level.
Bidding 1 h and after 3 c do i show 5 Heart and 4 club?

#8 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-21, 09:53

View PostCamHenry, on 2013-August-21, 02:26, said:

I'm also surprised your oppo didn't intervene at all!

The bots were running on battery backup and couldn't keep pace.

#9 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-21, 10:07

View Postpatroclo, on 2013-August-21, 04:32, said:

Question: wHen have one to show a 2 over 1 or a 1 major standing in a low level.
Bidding 1 h and after 3 c do i show 5 Heart and 4 club?

I think the general idea playing 2/1 (I don't, over a minor opening, so someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that with a x4x5 shape if you decide the South hand is GF, you bid 2 first, the longer suit, then you have plenty of time to show the 4 card heart suit later. If you decide it is not GF, you are not allowed to bid 2 so must start with 1. Therefore when you follow by raising partner to 3 it is just invitational support for partner, and does not show 5 hearts (nor 5 clubs).

If the hand had 5 hearts and 4 clubs, and was deemed a GF, then you start with 1 (not GF at first), but when partner rebids something like 2 you then bid 3 to show the shape and set a GF.

#10 User is offline   lowerline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-23, 03:30

I prefer 2 iso 1. But the worst bid of all in that sequence is 3! Having bid only 1 you have a great hand now, so you should bid 2 to set the GF.

Steven

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users