Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why GIB pass my cuebid?

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-05, 05:06

It seems that there are no differences between rebid 2 and 3.actually 3 shows a solid single suited with string hand,its meanings is to confirm trump.so here need to improve in further.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-05, 05:35

This problem has been raised before in the forums. I hope they take note.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-05, 05:42

The answer to your question is "because it's not a cue bid". If you look at the bid description, you showed a 5/5 hand. You keep expecting GIB to play your system, just hover over bids to see what they mean before making them.

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-January-05, 05:51

Antrax your point is valid but it does not detract from the absurdity of the system. 3H SHOULD set trump
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-05, 06:15

I agree, but we've already told lycier in another thread that it doesn't, so bidding it and then expecting 4 to be a cue for hearts seems like just being stubborn.
GIB's whole system over 2 is pretty phooey IMO, there's no compensation for the bidding level lost.

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-January-05, 06:35

Repetition may bounce the priority for a fix.
Whether that would be a good thing, well ...

#7 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-07, 08:52

GIB still shouldn't pass though. All bids other than 2NT after 2C-2D should be forcing to game (that's the meaning of 2C).

While they're at it they might want to adjust the meaning of 3S from 20- total points down to 8-. :)

ahydra

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users