BBO Discussion Forums: GIB doesn't work in old BBO client - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB doesn't work in old BBO client

#1 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-10, 17:30

So somehow I lost the oldest version of the client I had and in the current one when I open .lins using it the GIB button is inactive :(
On the other hand if I just open the NetBridgeVu.exe and select open bridge movie from there then GIB button magically works. I like browsing .lins having double dummy button available. Any way to fix it ? (or maybe someone could send me some older version of NetBridgeVu).

#2 User is offline   johnjo42 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 16:55

I have had the same problem when browsing "my hands" and clicking on a movie. The Gib button isn't working so I don't get the Gib evaluation of the hand

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-January-12, 20:23

johnjo42, on 2014-January-12, 16:55, said:

I have had the same problem when browsing "my hands" and clicking on a movie. The Gib button isn't working so I don't get the Gib evaluation of the hand

You only get to use the GIB button if you've recently purchased something from BBO.

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-January-12, 20:39

Download double dummy solver from bridge captain. It has double dummy solver and other features you will really love. It is free (although if you like it, it would be good if you go back and donate a few bucks). There is a large discussion of that software in this forum.... see... http://www.bridgebas...d-solver-again/ (There are other discussions as well). Once you start using DDS.exe, you will not want to use the old netvubridge.exe to review past played hands again. And if you are using the flash client, you can use DDS.exe to download the hands you played on BBO.

A nice feature, you can find he % of makeable games or slams you missed, etc, automatically among others (of if a game required five finesses to make plus a squeeze and you didn't bid t, the software doesn't care, you missed a "makeable game").

To download the Double dummy solver software, go to http://www.bridge-ca...downloadDD.html (this is not a BBO product, but it can download hands you play on BBO as well as some other ACBL sites).
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users