• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

software improvement / changes enemy / stalker privacy

#1 User is offline   rusty007 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-November-28, 12:05

Hello
to all those in charge of making changes to the bbo software. privacy improvement, I have had very little occasion to put people on enemy list. but when i put them there there is a reason. i realize that they can not chat to me but..i have become aware that even though i have put someone on enemy list that they can still see when i login, or online and ergo able to follow me around at tables, which allows them to see everything i say at tables when playing, see all those i play with etc...

I thought that the person on enemy list would not be able to even see me when i am online. i understand i can login invisible but then none of my real bridge buddies see that i have logged in...

SO to my actual suggestion....that when someone puts someone in their enemy list that enemy should no longer be able to see you login or that you are online when they login...believe it or not there are stalkers online also... i could be inadvertently be playing in a room talking and playing with friend share some personal information and boom the stalker/enemy is there kibitzing. and i was thinking that i was safe having put him/her on my enemy list...
and the reason i became aware that enemy could still see me was that i saw that person name/handle in black

SO please tweek things so that privacy can be had from enemy/stalker

Thank you
Rusty007

#2 User is offline   JamesHu 

• Pip

Posted 2013-December-02, 02:56

The web browse mode does not send noting sounds when a friend logs in which is the great feature for the stand alone software. Can we add this feature to the web browse mode?

#3 User is offline   rusty007 

• Pip

Posted 2013-December-17, 13:01

My Issue is simple...
weather web browser mode or the down loadable version when a user puts someone on their blacklist..
example user A puts user B in user A's blacklist user B at the moment can not chat to user A.... but if user B has user A in their friends list user B can see when user A logs on and at which table they are at ....
one person suggested log in invisible solve problem....only thing is that all of User A's actual buddies do not see when they log in

User A should be able to put User B in blacklist with option to make User A invisible to User B so that user B can not follow User A around....
Can someone let me know if this can be done PLEASE

Thanks you
rusty007

#4 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2013-December-17, 13:28

I second this request.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-December-17, 13:45

Does make sense.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   SilentSong 

• Pip

Posted 2013-December-27, 12:48

I agree wholeheartedly with rusty007's comments. I think one of BBO's biggest problems is when somebody gets upset at another player and continues to stalk them looking for trouble. I have reported people to BBO for really bad behavior, only to have them afterwards come to my tables repeatedly to watch, often looking for some sort of retaliation. Suddenly instead of a relaxing, fun game with friends, I have to watch every word I speak, etc, etc. One alternative is that BBO make it so that blacklisting people not only makes us not see their chat, but also make it so they can't see our chat. Sure, I can ban watchers, but I have many BBO friends who like to watch and pop in to say hi, tell me they want in the next team game, etc. I don't think I should have to ban them or have stressful games just because folks come looking for trouble. BBO is ultimately a bridge site, and that is my main goal in logging on, to play bridge, but to many of us it is so much more. It is an amazingly wonderful social gathering. I work at a stressful job, and many times BBO is my form of stress relief and escape.

And although we may blacklist them and thus not see their chat, that doesn't prevent them from saying nasty things to the table that we don't see but everyone else does. Of course many of these players learn who your friends are and put them on their list and follow them if they can't find you on their own. So I would suggest we have an option to prevent/block certain players from being watchers at our tables/team games. It seems really unfair to have to remove all our friends to get rid of folks just coming looking for trouble. I have politely requested certain players not come to my tables as watchers, but they still do it. I personally cannot imagine ever wanting to go to a table I know I am not welcome at. Got far better things to do with my time ... and sure wish they did too!

All that said, I absolutely love BBO and thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity to play this game and make friends around the world, so a big thank you to BBO owners, all the people that work there, and all the amazing people I have met! Looking forward to 2014 :)

#7 User is offline   rusty007 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-05, 21:35

not sure if there has been any software changes or if it is a case by case basis but thanks i can no longer be followed by undesirable person...but changes should be made

#8 User is offline   rusty007 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-06, 11:58

NOPE I am sorry to report that user b can still follow User A around

#9 User is offline   skuirky 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-23, 23:26

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Get rid of the robots--it is ruining the game. I think it encourages departing the table with no guilt. And on top of that they play awful. Thank you for considering.

#10 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-24, 11:51

View Postskuirky, on 2014-January-23, 23:26, said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Get rid of the robots--it is ruining the game. I think it encourages departing the table with no guilt. And on top of that they play awful. Thank you for considering.

My guess is that no-one who leaves in mid-hand gives a scintilla of thought to whether or not his seat is about to be replaced by a robot. I have no way to test this hypothesis, any more than you can prove that anyone is more inclined to leave mid-hand as a result.
"ruining the game" has to be the overbid of the century. The robot only sits to play out the one hand, that would otherwise be more ruined.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#11 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-January-25, 10:23

Before we implemented robot substitutes, a human would be dropped in, with no idea what their original hand was or what the play so far had been. I doubt that most of them enjoyed playing that hand, and they probably didn't play any better than the bots.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users