BBO Discussion Forums: Screen layout and graphics changes - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Screen layout and graphics changes

#1 User is offline   BB_Bob 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-25, 09:51

Recent change to the Android version play page is very difficult to view due to the grossly oversized graphics. Is anyone else seeing this change? Currently using Asus tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich SW version. It is difficult to "see" the whole field of play. Other page views are apparently unchanged. I would support a change to return to the previous layout.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-25, 13:15

Yup, it's the war of tablets v phones. This was my first reaction also, but am getting used to it. Doesn't bother me now.

Seems to me that graphics can only be oversized if it is using up screen real estate that could be put to better use.

And maybe the chat area could be given a bit more prominence, at least for those of us tablet-bound. I expect that there are other features also that could make use of the space.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   alflong2 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-28, 07:11

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-January-25, 13:15, said:

Yup, it's the war of tablets v phones. This was my first reaction also, but am getting used to it. Doesn't bother me now.

Seems to me that graphics can only be oversized if it is using up screen real estate that could be put to better use.

And maybe the chat area could be given a bit more prominence, at least for those of us tablet-bound. I expect that there are other features also that could make use of the space.

I agree.
On my iPad, the new version 3.70 is I think a retrograde step from the version 3.64 where text scrolling worked perfectly
For me the highlighting of suits in the hand from which some action is currently required is distracting, ugly, and unnecessary.
I agree that on a tablet the space is not well used.
I have been trying to re-install version 3.64 apps without success. It looks like one cannot downgrade.

#4 User is offline   jvwhite 

• Pip

Posted 2014-February-12, 13:43

I'm on Windows Explorer and have been on BBO for years. A few days ago the top line of the page disappeared but only after I've played a game. So I can't go back, go home, use options, or do anything after that. For example, I play an "MP" game and it ends and I can go Back to see who is still playing. Once I click on someone else the top line of menu options disappears. I can't go Back or even Log Off. Anyone else seen this?

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-February-13, 10:39

This thread is about the mobile app. Nothing has changed recently in the web app.

Try using a different browser, Firefox or Chrome.

#6 User is offline   andrea49 

• Pip

Posted 2014-March-09, 01:55

I really don't like new graphic presentation of Master points, new ones are ugly! please consider to return to previous look.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users