Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

walsh conventie

#1 User is offline   ruudy1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-01, 05:42

ik ben eerder bridge-beginner. na 1klaveren opening is het via walsh de bedoeling om snel een majeur-fit te vinden, dacht ik. Als ik dan 6-11 pt heb, en ik heb bvb 7 ruiten en vijf schoppen, open ik toch 1 schoppen ? Als ik 7 ruiten en 4 schoppen heb, open ik 1 ruiten ?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-01, 07:04

Please post in English here. Translation from translate.google.com:

I'm more of a bridge beginner. after 1 clover opening the idea is to quickly find a major fit via walsh, I thought. If I then have 6-11 pts, and I have eg 7 diamonds and five spades, do I open 1 spades? If I have 7 diamonds and 4 spades, do I open 1 diamonds?

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-01, 07:06

Walsh is about how you respond to a 1 opening when you have 6-10 points, a 4-card major and 4+ diamonds -- you skip diamonds and bid the major. It has nothing to do with opening bids.

#4 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-01, 07:43

View Postruudy1, on 2020-April-01, 05:42, said:

ik ben eerder bridge-beginner. na 1klaveren opening is het via walsh de bedoeling om snel een majeur-fit te vinden, dacht ik. Als ik dan 6-11 pt heb, en ik heb bvb 7 ruiten en vijf schoppen, open ik toch 1 schoppen ? Als ik 7 ruiten en 4 schoppen heb, open ik 1 ruiten ?

Hallo Ruudy,

Welkom op dit forum.

Walsh is een conventie die gaat over het antwoord op een 1 opening. Daarbij wordt in een hoge kleur (/) geantwoord als die er is. Een ruitenkleur wordt overgeslagen, ook als die langer is, behalve als de antwoordende hand sterk is (zelf minstens een opening). Mijn advies is om gewoon "van onder af" te antwoorden. Pas als je een gevorderde bridger bent, kun je de voor- en nadelen van een conventie als Walsh begrijpen en kun je er over denken de conventie te gaan spelen.

Een nadeel van het forum van Bridgebase is dat Engels de voertaal is. Ik heb in het Nederlands geantwoord, omdat ik dat toevallig kan. Je zult echte het meeste uit Bridgebase halen door Engels als voertaal te gebruiken. De hele wereld ligt aan je voeten en die wereld is bereid om je te helpen bij je vragen. Maar dan moeten ze die natuurlijk wel kunnen lezen.

Veel plezier op deze site!

Rik

---------

Hi Ruudy,

Welcome to this forum.

Walsh is a convention dealing with the response to a 1 opening. In this convention, responder will bid a major (/) if he has one. A diamond suit is skipped, even if it is longer, except in those cases where responder is strong (at least an opening himself). I would advise you to simply respond "up the line". Only when you are an advanced player you will be able to understand the pro's and cons of a convention such as Walsh and could you think about starting to play the convention.

The Bridgebase forums have the drawback that the English language is used. I have replied in Dutch, since I happen to be able to do that. However, you will get most out of Bridgebase by using English. You have the world at your feet and that world is willing to help you with your questions. But then they do need to be able to read them.

Have fun on this site!

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users