• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Balicki-Zmudzinski evidence

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-01, 15:50

I got my hands on the info that shows how Balicki-Zmudzinski cheated. Boye brogeland offered to mail it to anyone who asked him, but you can ask me if you want for the same result and give the boy a little rest on his holidays.

For some reason instead of just telling what the code is, the info just contains screenshots of relevant moments. It took me 20 minutes to figure the code, but I had some fun doing it. If you want me to tell you the code right away or you want to figure it out yourself say so.

There is a file with screenshots, I don't know if I Can attach that to a PM on BBF so just to be sure better send me your email by PM

I need your email and also if you want the code right away or try to figure it yourself.

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-01, 15:56

The evidence is very obvious, but it is a bit scarce, if this is all that there is I can especulate that the reason why Poland is still playing is that it might not be beyond any doubt. I am not a mathematician but I would say chances of all the relevant events happening is on the order between 1/1.000 and 1/10.000

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-01, 16:43

I looked at first only at the videos because Boye forgot to attach the file and I had no idea at all where to look, I was totally lost looking at wrong places, only when looking at screenshots could I figure out. To those who don't get the code even then. A firend of mine who is a WBF WM tried for longer than me and still didn't succeed, so don't worry much.

I had a bit of advantage because I used same skill I used in school to get good grades which not everyone has because...
Spoiler

#4 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-01, 16:45

I just made a simple report on chinese forum,I hope I can get the evidence.
Many thanks.

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-01, 16:48

Be careful with posting your email on a public forum. You can delete it now. I got it.

#6 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-October-01, 18:16

I'm surprised that it's screenshots during the bidding that are being presented, I thought B-Z had a reputation for mediocre bidding and pinpoint cardplay.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#7 User is offline   glen 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Military history, WW II wargames

Posted 2015-October-01, 18:18

Once you find or told the code, you can see it in videos like this one, that has an overlay of the hands during the bidding:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3YiQbb9iDE0

see for example, Polish Club opening with weak hand on board 19, and on strong hand board 21
'I hit my peak at seven' Taylor Swift

#8 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-01, 19:51

View PostFluffy, on 2015-October-01, 15:56, said:

The evidence is very obvious, but it is a bit scarce, if this is all that there is I can especulate that the reason why Poland is still playing is that it might not be beyond any doubt. I am not a mathematician but I would say chances of all the relevant events happening is on the order between 1/1.000 and 1/10.000

Spoiler

OK. Well it may be proved, by whatever criteria are necessary, that they have been cheating. If it is, it will affect pairs they they left out of the knockout phase, and any pairs they have kno key out, should Poland reach that stage. What can be done to ensure a fair result.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#9 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-02, 00:33

Thank you glen, your video is better because has better resolution, and actually gives the biggest evidence IMO on board 17. One cannot claim that this things happen "unintentionally by pure luck" when Adam sudenly realices he didn't pass the message he wanted and on the last moment moves his previously placed pass. https://www.youtube....b9iDE0&t=41m22s

I heard PBU and EBL had mathematicians working on how likely this could happen at randome, but board 17 makes them irrelevant.

#10 User is offline   Aardv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-02, 08:19

If you're going to start watching video to find possible signals, it will be much less of a strain to view the Polish Premier League (Glen's link), which is in high resolution. If you want to decode any suspected signal it helps if you have some understanding of the bidding methods: here's their convention card.

(Boye hasn't made any statement describing alleged signalling methods, so neither do I.)

#11 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2015-October-02, 09:04

View Postglen, on 2015-October-01, 18:18, said:

Once you find or told the code, you can see it in videos like this one, that has an overlay of the hands during the bidding:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3YiQbb9iDE0

see for example, Polish Club opening with weak hand on board 19, and on strong hand board 21

Don't see it am I blind or is it subtle?
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#12 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-02, 11:07

I Saw some hands matching the video glen sent, but some other on the contrary don't I don't knwo what to think, but it seems clear they are doing something with it.

#13 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-02, 14:42

I made a mistake yesterday. A friend I trust told me the match in Opatja between Italy and Poland didn't match. While another told me he was told the code was very complex and morphing. I wrongly assumed the code wouldn't stand on more matches in Opatjia. But now I am told the opposite.

I am checking myself a random match in Opatjia and it seems to match the code.

#14 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2015-October-02, 15:49

I got the code "wrong", when I said they showed strenght, this is not accurate, what they show is willingness to compete. This is normally matching strenght. But good hands with low ODR will show the "weak" bit at high level, while crappy hands with good shape and the right vulnerability will show the "good" bit.

For example at high level a weak double is balanced and hopes partner converts to penalty, while a "strong" one is very take out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users