Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aggressive Raise GIB Advanced

#1 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-27, 19:07

1.) Why does the description of 2 say 4+ Hearts, but only 4 Clubs?
2.) Why does GIB raise to game on only 3? Why doesn't it just bid 3 to show the INV hand?

"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-27, 20:34

View Postchasetb, on 2016-March-27, 19:07, said:

1.) Why does the description of 2 say 4+ Hearts, but only 4 Clubs?
2.) Why does GIB raise to game on only 3? Why doesn't it just bid 3 to show the INV hand?

First:

Whenever I read your post, your thread always make me uncomfortable.Why do you use word " Why " third time?
please you Be friendly to Gib,Be polite to Gib.Your thread is only for reporting,let BBO know, not for complaining.

Second :
You maybe not understand Gib CC.
After I replayed your hand, I found it is not necessarily.
- You said " Why does the description of 2 say 4+ Hearts, but only 4 Clubs? ".
I think after inverted minor suit raise, responder denies any 4-card major, if opener rebid 2, it may show unbalanced hand, that's to say opener could have perfect reasons to hold 5-card with long opening suit in the unbalanced hand. At this point, you would better read others bids after overcall 2 :
your Pass = No suitable call - 3+,11-21hcp,12-22TPs,forcing to 2N
your 2N = 3-5,2-5,2-4,2-4,11-14hcp,12+TPs,likely stop in .
So we could be very easy to see your best choice is Pass instead of rebid-2. You should be to blame in this case.

- You said " Why does GIB raise to game on only 3? Why doesn't it just bid 3 to show the INV hand?".

Now let's see that hand replayed by my basic Gib .

1-

Result : 3E-2

2- Here I would imitate your bidding sequences at below.

Result : 3EX-2
Surprisely, now we can see North Gib really rebid 3 after my 2 !!! So , would we guess your advanced Gib maybe act up within unknown reason?

Here I suggest while we encounter Gib issue, keep calm, then friendly reporting to BBO, never complain.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-28, 01:51

Pass by South over the 2D is correct.

The explanation attached to the 2H bid is deficient in several respects. As pointed out be the OP it precludes the possibility of opener holding a 5th club, which is absurd. But more to the point the explanation as a whole embraces those hands where pass is the better option.

So 2H should show shape or strength or maybe both. Given which I am prepared to accept GIB simulations that 4H on a 4-3 fit has good enough chances to try for it.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users