Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BOARD COMPLETION RATE BOT REPLACEMENT / KIBITZ

#1 User is offline   goobprtner 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-20, 18:59

With Kibitzing enabled, as players leave, the BOTs are not joining the table. This effects the board completion rate. When I informed the BBO HELP this evening via another user, he/she completely blew me off and WOULD NOT report this to BBO. He / she complained about having to manage six tables at once. It was ridiculous.

I started out with THREE OTHER PLAYERS this weekend at a table. Then as a hand progressed, each left, and no BOTs came at the table. KIBITZING was indeed enabled. So, that is NOT the problem.

I asked this evening if a scenario like this effects my BOARD COMPLETION RATE. He / she said, "Yes." I said, "Well, BBO is trying to make $$$ in order to keep from my board completion rate from lowering." BBO HELP was defiant and combative. I repeated that this was NOT what had happened. He / she expected me to STOP and report it MID-GAME to this forum. I was, like, MIDGAME? When I am counting and in a strategy? (Perhaps that was why the players were leaving!?) Anyway.

BBO HELP looked at the userID I was logged in at. It was not 88%. It was a different ID. He / she started arguing about that then.

I brought up the fact that I was a PAYING member (with the other ID). He / she REFUSED to report this to you and to facilitate resolution. I asked if he / she knew the people at BBO. Admittedly, she / he said, "THOUSANDS." (quote) STILL, he / she would not take care of this. I repeated to her / him (19:45 CST, GMT -6, on 20 MARCH 2016) that it would be better handled by her / him. If I get involved and if I think that someone I am essentially paying could more effectively handle it, I will mention that there was a breakdown in efficiency and a performance problem....

Thanks.
GOOBPRTNER

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-March-21, 10:41

View Postgoobprtner, on 2016-March-20, 18:59, said:

With Kibitzing enabled, as players leave, the BOTs are not joining the table. This effects the board completion rate. When I informed the BBO HELP this evening via another user, he/she completely blew me off and WOULD NOT report this to BBO. He / she complained about having to manage six tables at once. It was ridiculous.

I started out with THREE OTHER PLAYERS this weekend at a table. Then as a hand progressed, each left, and no BOTs came at the table. KIBITZING was indeed enabled. So, that is NOT the problem.

I asked this evening if a scenario like this effects my BOARD COMPLETION RATE. He / she said, "Yes." I said, "Well, BBO is trying to make $ in order to keep from my board completion rate from lowering." BBO HELP was defiant and combative. I repeated that this was NOT what had happened. He / she expected me to STOP and report it MID-GAME to this forum. I was, like, MIDGAME? When I am counting and in a strategy? (Perhaps that was why the players were leaving!?) Anyway.

BBO HELP looked at the userID I was logged in at. It was not 88%. It was a different ID. He / she started arguing about that then.

I brought up the fact that I was a PAYING member (with the other ID). He / she REFUSED to report this to you and to facilitate resolution. I asked if he / she knew the people at BBO. Admittedly, she / he said, "THOUSANDS." (quote) STILL, he / she would not take care of this. I repeated to her / him (19:45 CST, GMT -6, on 20 MARCH 2016) that it would be better handled by her / him. If I get involved and if I think that someone I am essentially paying could more effectively handle it, I will mention that there was a breakdown in efficiency and a performance problem....

Thanks.
GOOBPRTNER

Hi, and welcome to the Forums.

Board completion rate is only affected for the first player to bail out (the three remaining players will not be affected if they leave after that, even if the hand wasn't completed). So if the hand started, and at least one player left before you, your board completion rate will not take a hit when you leave too.

This is not related to BB$ in any way. Playing and completing boards in pick-up games is free and doesn't depend on user's pay activity. There is no pay product that increases board completion rate, so I don't understand your comment about BBO making BB$ off that. In pay tourneys, only your tourney completion rate increases when you complete them.

As for the bots taking over, this happens at tables in Main Bridge Club or in the Relaxed Bridge Club, if there are no table restrictions (no permission required to sit, permission required to kib, or any other filters). Bots fill in at those tables that are part of the "Help me find a game" algorithm.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users