Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BOT did not come mid-game BOT

#1 User is offline   goobprtner 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-27, 19:42

I have repeatedly reported this issue to John_W_a_B and was finally deferred to Diana_Eva this evening. Over the last few months, I have learned that "ALLOWING KIBITZERS" effects whether BOTS can immediately join a table if a person leaves mid-game. Therefore, I always insure that this is checked when I am hosting before I contact a host. WEST left the seat and for about a minute a BOT did not populate. During which time, EAST left _AND_ I contacted BOTH John_W_a_B and BBO_Help. (I later discover that he is doubling as both. LOLOLOL Like that's so cool: I always wondered if there was something like that going on behind the scenes. ROFL. A fake-out ( N O T ) ) ANYWAY.

Someone finally joins. Diana ends up relaying that there's something about BOTs will join "IF AVAILABLE" rather than they will join definitively if a person leaves mid-game. Now, folks, which is it and WHY? I know this isn't the same environment as MSFT's MSN Games, which is where I used to play bridge before BBO, and BOTS replaced humans instantaneously. What's going on with a "finite" number of BOTs? Is this related to the fee structure? The platform? Space? Are we thinking outside of the box to solve this? I've been after John for three months. At first, he didn't understand it. Then I found out it was dependent on the kibitzing. Diana has mentioned tournaments, but that can really be managed too with programming and TDs. I've is just never heard of a pre-determined amount of BOTs. It's like the BOTs aren't running on real time but the game is. The BOT placement is only running through a sequence: like there is a background program running that is checking table by table saying, "Do you need a BOT? Does this table need a BOT? What about this table? Is this table in need of one? And this one? And so on..." Instead, as soon as someone leaves, it should be triggering a script to be pulled from the library to go through the necessary questions. (Such questions: Is the game in session? If so, populate NOW. End SCRIPT. Are there three other players? Is it time to charge someone BBO $$$ ? And so on... It shouldn't take long AT ALL.)

I'm not perfect. Just trying to play bridge without this nuance and trying to brainstorm. Thanks, "gerardo or uday" :) .

GoobPrtner

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-March-28, 10:02

Is this the same problem you reported last week here:

http://www.bridgebas...completion-rate

There is no limit on the number of bots, and they should show up immediately.

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-28, 21:50

Bots will show up provided the table in question is a target for 'Help me find a game'

In other words, the table must be open ( no reservations ) , in the main/relaxed bridge club , and permissions must be such that people can sit w/o requesting permissions. The table must also be visible, the host must be visible, and scoring must be IMP or MP.
In addition, there must be exactly one open seat.

Under those circumstances, there ought to be a bot.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users