BBO Discussion Forums: Slam bid with 26 combined total points - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slam bid with 26 combined total points

#1 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-28, 02:34

Ugh that doesn't seem to include the whole thing so go here for more information: http://tinyurl.com/johehpp

Advanced GIB, IMPs. Somehow it came up with that its hands were good enough to bid a slam here. And then they didn't even win any of the first 3 tricks.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-28, 03:06

Classically, if you accept your own game try, you are showing a slam try.

In real life this sequence can a bit difficult because West could have a hand without slam interest but interested in playing in a Spade game rather than Heart Game, despite the 2H raise (which might be on 3 trumps with most humans if not apparently with GIB). That said, most humans would rebid 1S rather than 2H with 4-3 in the majors, although by no means universal.

But GIB claims that 2H raise shows 4 trumps anyway, so West is at fault and should just bid 4H over 2H, and reserve 2S followed by 4H as a slam try, in which case East is forgiven.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-28, 05:12

View PostAyunuS, on 2016-March-28, 02:34, said:

Advanced GIB, IMPs. Somehow it came up with that its hands were good enough to bid a slam here. And then they didn't even win any of the first 3 tricks.

Welcome you to Gib robot forum.
Recently I have found some advanced Gibs played so worse than my basic one on this forum, this is really a strange thing, for computer science and Gib programming, I am a layman, and very interested on Gibs , so here I only express what I replayed.

1-

2- The better bidding sequences I think :

3-

4-

5-

6-

Now everyone should see Gibs work so well, normal scale, there were no abnormal.
Any ideas?

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-28, 22:05

2 shows 12-15 total points. East has 15. Why doesn't he accept the game try?

#5 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-28, 22:40

View PostBbradley62, on 2016-March-28, 22:05, said:

2 shows 12-15 total points. East has 15. Why doesn't he accept the game try?

Or even better splinter in clubs. Put the ace clubs into spades and slam is about slightly worse than 50/50.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users