BBO Discussion Forums: New web comic about politics: Laws and Sausages - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New web comic about politics: Laws and Sausages

#1 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-06, 19:12

Laws and Sausages is a new web comic written by brothers Zach and Greg Weinersmith. Zach is the creator of the comic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, which is generally about geeky science or philosophy topics. His brother is a professor of political science, as well as having worked as a political aide. Here's their description:

The goal of Laws and Sausages is to be a comic about politics, without the politics. We aim to give American readers of all political persuasions the intellectual tools with which to understand their government’s history, philosophy, and mechanics. We aim to be the civics education you either never got or chose to ignore.

So far the topics they've covered have been: Separation of powers, impeachment, and whether it's worthwhile to write to your representative (and how best do do so).

From what I've seen so far, I recommend this to everyone who has been posting in our politically-related threads.

#2 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-11, 11:08

View Postbarmar, on 2018-August-06, 19:12, said:

Laws and Sausages is a new web comic written by brothers Zach and Greg Weinersmith. Zach is the creator of the comic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, which is generally about geeky science or philosophy topics. His brother is a professor of political science, as well as having worked as a political aide. Here's their description:

So far the topics they've covered have been: Separation of powers, impeachment, and whether it's worthwhile to write to your representative (and how best do do so).

From what I've seen so far, I recommend this to everyone who has been posting in our politically-related threads.

Although I have viewed this 2 or 3 times it still says 0 views, so I am replying to let you know you are not talking to air. However I guess I could say that the strip might be an acquired taste that I have not yet acquired.

Added: Now it says 73 views. Either my computer is acting crazy or else it takes at least one response to trigger the view tally.

Ken

#3 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-August-12, 21:16

There are some quirks in how the forum software counts views, there have been other posts in the past where anomalies like that happened. I don't consider it very important. We're running an out-of-date, unsupported version of the forums.

#4 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-13, 05:51

View Postbarmar, on 2018-August-12, 21:16, said:

There are some quirks in how the forum software counts views, there have been other posts in the past where anomalies like that happened. I don't consider it very important. We're running an out-of-date, unsupported version of the forums.

Agreed, it is hardly a big deal. I just looked at teh "0 views" and imagined you wondering why nobody had even looked at it so I thought I would let you know that at least one person had. Apparently 73 had.

There are places where quirky sites can be a problem. I was thinking on that this morning when I read the WaPo editorial comment on eliminating the need to make up for snow days in the schools by having online assignments on the days when schools are closed for the weather. Having an unexpected day off is great fun for the kids, but the tag on days at the end are, as the Post says, usually pretty useless. Mostly it allows the system to check a box that they had the right number of days, little is actually done. But if they are going to do this e-assignment thing, I hope they think it through well.

Anyway, I just thought to let you know that your post was not being ignored. I don't all that much read the comic satires although I am still thinking of ordering Passionella and other stories so that I can re-read Munro. And I am pretty sure that I was the first kid I knew to read Mad Comics in the early 50s. In 1956 they did a send up of the Gregory Peck film Moby Dick that I found hilarious. This upset my girlfriend at the time who had read the book and was giving me various reading assignments to improve my mind. We broke up.

Ken

#5 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-August-13, 08:11

I read the post but had no comment to make.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-August-14, 10:24

View Postkenberg, on 2018-August-13, 05:51, said:

Anyway, I just thought to let you know that your post was not being ignored.

I didn't even realize that the view count was zero until you brought it up. It's not something I ever look at.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users