BBO Discussion Forums: Concerns about frecvent disconnections - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Concerns about frecvent disconnections

#1 User is offline   lzrradu 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-20, 03:48

You all know how it feels to be disconnected from BBO when playing against worthy opponents.
They are hard to find and lately hard to keep playing against them.
I have tried browsers Crome and Opera(with VPN set in different regions and without VPN),in flash session(whitch i preffer due to greater responsivness and ability to sort tables by number of kibs) and in html version and still got disconnected.
I am on windows 7 and have a 144 Mb wireless connection so my connection cant be the problem.
It got me thinking.
Some time ago I received a reset connection while in middle of game witch was deliberately provoked by one of the players (could not log in for 15 min)
Annoying as it was he could have asked me to leave and I would understand and comply (relluctantly).
As I said good opponents are hard to come by.
That beeing said ,in view of frecvent disconnections lately is it possible that some person (and not the server itself) sends a command to the server to disconnect users?
If so what can you do to prevent that in the future?
Ty for your understanding.
Lazar Radu

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-20, 15:04

Only yellow players (aka "Hosts") can disconnect you. The table host can kick you out of the table, but not out of BBO completely.

The problem could be your ISP rather than your wifi.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users