BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Discussion Forum representing old content as new - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Discussion Forum representing old content as new

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-17, 15:25

I already raised this a month or so ago and barmar said that nothing has changed in configuration of the (legacy) software that governs the forum, but I continue to see a change in forum behaviour in that it now sometimes fails to hide content already viewed when one invokes 'View New Content'. This may or may not be related to the Covid crisis and subsequent burst of new users that exploded the number of new threads some of which unread by me, I am starting to suspect not.
For example I already read this reply by budH:
https://www.bridgeba...224&qpid=999869
but just now I was still pointed back to that thread by 'View New Content' even though nobody else has posted there.

Marking 'all items as read' avoids the problem for a while, but then it reappears. When I have read a thread, I tend to hit 'View New Content'.

Any thoughts, forum veterans?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-19, 10:30

As I mentioned in another thread recently, something happened around the turn of the new year, so that the forum software doesn't remember some personalizations.

I guess the "View New Content" feature is affected by that same problem.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-19, 10:58

View Postbarmar, on 2020-June-19, 10:30, said:

As I mentioned in another thread recently, something happened around the turn of the new year, so that the forum software doesn't remember some personalizations.

I guess the "View New Content" feature is affected by that same problem.

Thanks. Not sure when this started but new year sounds possible, certainly not much later.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users