Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

left out of games

#1 User is offline   gschwend 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-08, 17:32

It happens to myself (and my partner) quite often that we are playing either a casual game or an (free) instant tournament and suddenly we are thrown Back to the screen before entering the game. Happens almost every day we try, within the first hour. (Seems that there is no way to get back to the game?) Any common reasons this happens? We do not generally have inet connection problems. We are both on Chrome on Windows 7. I am on desktop ethernet, partner on laptop wifi.

(any debug info we can gather next time it happens?)

thanks for your help.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-12, 11:00

Can you provide some details about when this happened recently? I just checked your history, and you haven't played in any instant tournaments (or any other type of tournament) recently.

If you have connection problems you'll be logged out of BBO entirely. The only time you get thrown out of a game but stay in BBO is when you reach the expiration time for the game.

#3 User is offline   gschwend 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-16, 17:29

View Postbarmar, on 2020-September-12, 11:00, said:

Can you provide some details about when this happened recently? I just checked your history, and you haven't played in any instant tournaments (or any other type of tournament) recently.

If you have connection problems you'll be logged out of BBO entirely. The only time you get thrown out of a game but stay in BBO is when you reach the expiration time for the game.

thanks, I will make a note of day/time the next time it happens. Most of the instant tournaments have been with my partner's login (rschwen). And actually the more recent occurrences were doing casual play (but it didn't happen the past few times, I switched to Edge browser to see if it helped).

#4 User is offline   gschwend 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-18, 16:14

Just today it happened again, today at 2:03pm PDT. I was playing Casual, I invited my partner in, we were both in, but after 1 bid (I think) I was thrown back to the Home screen. My partner stayed in the game (and saw that my seat had been vacated). A bit frustrating.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-18, 21:26

The table host booted you.

#6 User is offline   gschwend 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-19, 18:36

ok that would make sense. maybe from his side it looked like I took a long time to bid (I don't think so but since I was just coming in...). thanks for the answer. If it happens again in a situation where I don't think the host was involved I'll add to this reply.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users