BBO Discussion Forums: Find players who use the same convention - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Find players who use the same convention

#1 User is offline   samuser 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-31, 09:53

I am new and have only played solitaire so far and have kibitzed others. How is the best way to start playing at a table with other people, and if possible ones who don't mind playing with someone still learning? Someone told me hit "casual" and then "take me to the first seat available", but I hought I would ask here first. Also, is there a way to limit those seats to people who play a certain convention (in my case SAYC) so we know what others at the table mean by their bids? When kibitzing I notice that others don't bid the way I do.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-31, 11:43

View Postsamuser, on 2020-October-31, 09:53, said:

I am new and have only played solitaire so far and have kibitzed others. How is the best way to start playing at a table with other people, and if possible ones who don't mind playing with someone still learning? Someone told me hit "casual" and then "take me to the first seat available", but I hought I would ask here first. Also, is there a way to limit those seats to people who play a certain convention (in my case SAYC) so we know what others at the table mean by their bids? When kibitzing I notice that others don't bid the way I do.

Welcome to the forum :)
This particular discussion forum is actually for novices to discuss bridge, not use of BBO, but no problem.

I think that using "take me to the first seat available" is a good idea, but others may have other suggestions.
BBO Prime is targeted at beginners so you might want to look at the contents and decide on that.

If you like the idea of playing with people you know and that play similar conventions then I suggest you also consider joining a real-world club, even in this difficult moment of pandemic and restrictions. Most clubs are present on BBO as virtual clubs and this will give you a smoother and faster start than just playing with robots (who have a weird system) or strangers (who can be difficult to deal with) on BBO.

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-01, 11:11

Look into the BIL club: http://clubs.bridgeb...text/index.html . I don't have personal experience (not being BI (no comment)), but many have praised it for years.

The key, as with any new club, is finding two or three people you like playing with - that leads to more.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users