Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

forgetful Ipad app my app has dementia

#1 User is offline   robbg 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-April-14, 16:36

For some reason, my login, password, and preferences are not being retained in the current version of the app. Anybody else with this problem? Is there a fix?

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-16, 13:07

View Postrobbg, on 2023-April-14, 16:36, said:

For some reason, my login, password, and preferences are not being retained in the current version of the app. Anybody else with this problem? Is there a fix?

If an app retains password then it might as well not ask for it in the first place B-)
The software of your ipad might well retain login and password, although in that case it's hard to imagine how the app is at fault.
Did you check to see if such retention was enabled for the app?

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-April-25, 09:47

View Postpescetom, on 2023-April-16, 13:07, said:

If an app retains password then it might as well not ask for it in the first place B-)

You realize that the login page has always had a "Remember me" checkbox, don't you? It auto-fills the username and password. This is in both the app and web version.

If this isn't working, you've somehow disable local storage for the app. Does it work if you use the web version instead of the app?

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-April-26, 01:43

View Postbarmar, on 2023-April-25, 09:47, said:

You realize that the login page has always had a "Remember me" checkbox, don't you? It auto-fills the username and password. This is in both the app and web version.

If this isn't working, you've somehow disable local storage for the app. Does it work if you use the web version instead of the app?

Pretty sure he means: log me in automatically if you already know my credentials. I think that would be great for most players, Auto-login + some way to manage multiple profile a la netflix would be cool and we've discussed it for future improvements.

#5 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-26, 05:51

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-April-26, 01:43, said:

Pretty sure he means: log me in automatically if you already know my credentials. I think that would be great for most players, Auto-login + some way to manage multiple profile a la netflix would be cool and we've discussed it for future improvements.

Exactly, and that sounds great if it can be done.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-April-28, 16:59

Indeed, most mobile apps login automatically, with the exception of financial services.

It probably wouldn't be hard to make that change to our app, it's just never been a high priority. Since it auto-fills the username and password, it's just a single click on the login button.

And it wouldn't help in this case, since the app is forgetting the user's username and password.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users