BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Newcomer pairs tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

BBO Newcomer pairs tournaments Newcomer pairs

#1 User is offline   Derrygirl2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-22, 07:57

I keep seeing ads on BBO for BBO Newcomer pairs tournaments which say they start every hour. But I have searched on Tournaments and cannot find them. I know BBO did run these tournaments a while ago but they seem to have ceased. While they were still running I would have joined in, but unfortunately a lot of experienced players were playing in the tournaments, not just those with fewer than 5 BBO points. If BBO is no longer running the Newcomer tournaments then why are the adverts for them still being shown on BBO? I wish they would start them again, but ensure that only those with less than 5 BBO points can play in them.

#2 User is offline   wuudturner 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-23, 08:05

I think they may have been renamed. I took a quick scan across BBO, but saw nothing by that name.

Then I did a search for Newcomer pairs using my best friend - Google. The link I find there tells me to go to Virtual clubs, then to BBO World. When I did so, I found no Tourneys scheduled called Newcomer pairs. However, I do see tourneys called Cotton Candy pairs. They have the same limits on MonsterPoints, 0-5 BBO points. As well, they cost the same amount, thus $0.60 to enter. Ergo my conjecture the Newcomer pairs were just renamed.

A rose by any other name...

#3 User is offline   Derrygirl2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-25, 12:15

wuudturner, on 2021-January-23, 08:05, said:

I think they may have been renamed. I took a quick scan across BBO, but saw nothing by that name.

Then I did a search for Newcomer pairs using my best friend - Google. The link I find there tells me to go to Virtual clubs, then to BBO World. When I did so, I found no Tourneys scheduled called Newcomer pairs. However, I do see tourneys called Cotton Candy pairs. They have the same limits on MonsterPoints, 0-5 BBO points. As well, they cost the same amount, thus $0.60 to enter. Ergo my conjecture the Newcomer pairs were just renamed.

A rose by any other name...

Thanks very much for looking into this. Will check out 'Cotton Candy Pairs'. Strange though that even today BBO is still running ads for Newcomer pairs tourneys .....

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users