Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I finally figured it out WHY robots make so many totally idiotic bids/plays

#1 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-26, 05:24

After seeing the MILLIONTH egregious robot error (nobody ever claimed I was a fast learner), It finally dawned on me WHY the robot did what it did. IMHO there is a random element programmed to pop up (against me it seems to be every other hand) that forces the bot to choose a bid/play that it DOES NOT DEEM TO BE THE BEST. If we simply eliminate that random element the constant overbidding, underbidding, completely absurd suit preferences (in the bidding), and don't even get me started on defense would simply evaporate. I admit the game would suddenly become MUCH LESS interesting since we would have no good reason to yell and scream at our computers and the scores would become much less radical. PAFF when the computer deems something to be the best it should ALWAYS take that route. If a bid shows 10 to 12 making that bid with 8 is an OVERBID. The machine is showing at least TWENTY FIVE % more than it has and up to 50% more than it has. How about we cut that down to no more than TEN PERCENT in non forcing situations. I may have strayed off topic with that last thought sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-26, 06:10

I don't think that you should characterise other players as "idiotic".
They might get offended.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users