BBO Discussion Forums: Passing one of the most forcing bid - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Passing one of the most forcing bid (1c 2c 2h 2s pass)

#1 User is offline   kontoleon 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-May-21, 06:39

Robot had
6543(s)
AJ85(h)
AQJ(cLUB)
JT(d)

I had
kj9(s)
KQ3(h)
T9652(CLUB)
AQ(d)

Opponent robots pass all game
1c p 2c(inv) p
2h p 2s(said forcing to 3c) p
p p

I can see he had only 3 clubs I may have 4 but i may easily here can have only one s! (the ace). In this hand according points we have at least 3nt 5c and I go from a free search 6c.

#2 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2021-May-21, 07:42

Had to check this with me and 3 basic GiBs at a teaching table:

#3 User is offline   msheald 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-June-10, 08:02

Hello! I'm not sure why south bid 2 spades. To me, after 2 spade bid by north, south knows that slam is not possible (north would have to jump to show over 16 points) but game is fairly certain. Why not bid 3NT instead of 2 spades since he knows that there is not a game in spades, hearts or diamonds, and 3NT would be a superior game to 5 clubs?
I guess it depends on partnership agreement on forcing. Some pairs play ANY new suit is forcing. Other pairs play a new suit is forcing on the first round, but a new suit on the second round is not forcing unless it shows extra values, an unbalanced hand, etc. From my reading, ACBL Yellow Card seems to lean towards the latter interpretation, though I've gotten into trouble with partners who believe both types of forcing (until we've played with each other a while). The trouble with robots is that once cannot come to a partnership agreement.
I'll be curious to hear others' take on forcing bid itself and expectations about playing with a robot with this type of scenario since I am far from an expert. Best regards.

Mike

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-June-10, 16:16

Good bidding by North to collect the 5 point bonus for playing in a partscore Moysian fit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users