BBO Discussion Forums: Seeking a regular player for our group - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seeking a regular player for our group

#1 User is offline   Jim RP 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-21, 08:31

We are seeking a player to join our game twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 12:45 pm CST (7:45 pm GMT) until 4:30 pm CST (10:30 pm GMT). We three (two Canadians, one American) have played online for 15 months, but recently business conflicts forced our 4th player to drop out.

In addition to our Bridge Base computer connection, we use a separate device (smartphone or tablet) so we can hold a video chat during the game. We use FaceBook messenger for the chat in English.

We play standard American 5 card majors with weak 2’s, Jacoby transfers, stamen, short club, Gerber, and Blackwood. We rotate partners during the afternoon so each person has a chance to partner with every other player. We score on total points and keep track of the scores and report final scores for each game. While we all try to win, it is a friendly game with more table talk than would be allowed in duplicate. We’ve all played for several years, and I would say intermediate to advanced intermediate is the group’s skill level.

If you feel you would be a good fit for our group, please contact me. Thanks, Jim

#2 User is offline   Jim RP 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-05, 15:06

Hi. We are still seeking a player for our group. Let us know if you are interested!

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-06, 07:26

Hi.

I think you are asking for a big commitment for a stranger. If none of your other bridge playing friends are available, consider teaching someone to play.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is offline   Jim RP 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-06, 09:48

Hi. Thanks for your comment, and I see what you mean. But I'm hopeful someone might at least try it out and continue if it works for them. I recognize that few would be willing to commit to the group without seeing what it is like. The advantage of finding someone on BridgeBase is that they already know how to play, and enjoy it. Have a good day, Jim

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users