Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidding Systems SAYC/2/1 Game Force

#1 User is offline   49_Fox 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-04, 16:02

As the premiere bridge platform on the planet, the robots present the opportunity to address poor bidding skills. A 55% success rate on part of the robots is a case in point. The idea of success is measured long term and not per game. Most if not all players are ignorant of basic bidding skills including robots. The auction is the most difficult area to master. The GIBs commit beginner's errors: 1. Playing 2nd hand high routinely is poor bridge; 2. Not returning partner's lead compromises the partnership and most defensive measures. 3. Opening leads reveal no information. 4. Etcetera.

Algorithmic programming is only as good as the input. The input I'm suggesting is based upon the leading bidding theorist on the planet: Marty Bergen. Perhaps his services as consultant can improve your robots. You folks at BBO are in charge of a global game with the resources to hire Mr. Bergen.

Respectfully,

49_Fox

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-05, 15:12

View Post49_Fox, on 2022-May-04, 16:02, said:

As the premiere bridge platform on the planet, the robots present the opportunity to address poor bidding skills. A 55% success rate on part of the robots is a case in point. The idea of success is measured long term and not per game. Most if not all players are ignorant of basic bidding skills including robots. The auction is the most difficult area to master. The GIBs commit beginner's errors: 1. Playing 2nd hand high routinely is poor bridge; 2. Not returning partner's lead compromises the partnership and most defensive measures. 3. Opening leads reveal no information. 4. Etcetera.

Algorithmic programming is only as good as the input. The input I'm suggesting is based upon the leading bidding theorist on the planet: Marty Bergen. Perhaps his services as consultant can improve your robots. You folks at BBO are in charge of a global game with the resources to hire Mr. Bergen.

This looks credible as a post from 15 years ago :unsure:
Marty Bergen is a great guy (recently voted to be the 22nd most influential person in the history of bridge) but I don't think it is necessary to hire him (or any other single expert) to figure out the problems of GiB.
GiB is no longer impressive as a a robot and BBO is clearly not interested in (or capable of) improving it.
I just hope they have something better in the pipeline and I think they would do well to reassure us if so.

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-05, 23:49

View Postpescetom, on 2022-May-05, 15:12, said:

This looks credible as a post from 15 years ago :unsure:
Marty Bergen is a great guy (recently voted to be the 22nd most influential person in the history of bridge) but I don't think it is necessary to hire him (or any other single expert) to figure out the problems of GiB.
GiB is no longer impressive as a a robot and BBO is clearly not interested in (or capable of) improving it.
I just hope they have something better in the pipeline and I think they would do well to reassure us if so.

One can almost hear the eternal hope springing from your breast.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users