Are we really playing a Bot

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-September-13, 17:13

Its getting beyond a joke
Hours of time wasted
Many dollars wasted
The most pathetic bidding you can imagine.
Going from a perfectly reasonable splinter to game to an unmakeable slam through useless cuebids and ignoring signoffs

The Bot even acts like a quivering useless unconfident piece of rubbish when it is deciding to ruin a tourney. Oh dear I made a mistake. I will make it even worse

Does it really have a personality. Time for it to grow up and learn how to bid. Is it losing its confidence or is it a quivering wreck of a human

I can't put up the most recent example. Tourney is still going. 12th hand of an IMPs tourney. Destroy a clear game with a ridiculous slam

Its is disgraceful and beyond a joke

And its simple stuff. Below beginner level. Yet people will attack me simply for raising it

Maybe it is even more evil than being totally useless and seemingly breaking down from lack of confidence.Maybe its totally psycho

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-16, 03:11

Apologies everyone I've been rather tied up with annoying people and stuff.

Here is the hand

Please ignore the play because sometimes after I realise all is truly lost and there is no escape I can't be bothered and throw in the cards. Even at IMPs

What is even more galling is that a few tables made the unmakeable slam either as North or with a different lead. One other poor soul bid like me and even tried to deceive the East bot by throwing the Queen. Tragically that didn't work. I didn't even try that

But seriously all I did was splinter to a nice easy game and tried escaping from the unwanted Slam attempt

What's even more galling is that I was doing really well but the extra -6 was worth the throw in

I know how the DD sims allegedly work but come on

Despite this hand I still scored positive IMPs just - you can see why I was upset

I would be grateful for any advice on how to sign off

I also appreciate you should play for every trick if the tourney matters despite your upset

I also realise you never give up hope of tricking the defence etc

And obviously you never give up before the opening lead - somebody was lucky enough to get a heart lead

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-16, 03:54

View Postthepossum, on 2022-September-16, 03:11, said:

I would be grateful for any advice on how to sign off

GIB is hopeless with both splinters and cuebidding. Never, ever, splinter with a robot. If you want to bid the hand properly, you'll have to find another partner.

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-16, 16:49

Thankyou 😂

#5 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-16, 17:33

Apologies. There is a typo. Some tables made it as South

And as suspected double dummy sims show it as a good chance, especially if it thinks sign off means I have AK of clubs :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-16, 17:34

Apologies. There is a typo. Some tables made it as South and one as North with a different auction and heart lead

And as suspected double dummy sims show it as a good chance, especially if it thinks sign off means I have AK of clubs :rolleyes:

I have no idea what happens if I show my Ace of hearts :lol: - looking at my DD sim maybe it would sign off - but no - practice table still goes to 6

#7 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-September-18, 06:23

GIB is trying to prove that it is better than me, so my bot partner is on the side of the bots.

GIB is very good at competing part-scores when it's my opponent, but as my partner will always punish me for trying to do so.

Twice I have rage-quit a bot tournament because it bid on when I had set the contract.

Let me gag partner please. Then I can enjoy my bridge a bit more.
You can't keep a good man down

#8 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-20, 17:40

View PostEarlPurple, on 2022-September-18, 06:23, said:

GIB is trying to prove that it is better than me, so my bot partner is on the side of the bots.

GIB is very good at competing part-scores when it's my opponent, but as my partner will always punish me for trying to do so.

Twice I have rage-quit a bot tournament because it bid on when I had set the contract.

Let me gag partner please. Then I can enjoy my bridge a bit more.

I never quit a whole tourney. Sometimes, especially in timed events, I just accept a bottom at MPs. Don't usually throw in at IMPs
I just don't like playing or working on bad contracts

I appreciate also doing it that way raises others' attention to the hand - it has another rationale, rather than just quitting

#9 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-23, 03:54

At MP I can take a bad score, at IMPs in a short tournament one disaster and you may as well quit. Had one in a daylong when my partner left them in 4 spades doubled making 790. Could have pulled it to 5 diamonds non-vulnerable which would have been 1 off. I was supposed to just guess partner had diamonds? I doubled for take-out and partner left it in.

#10 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-23, 03:57

From yesterday's "daylong" in which I did well, and this hand was just about an average score, as some managed to get out for 4 off but those who defended 4 spades obviously got a bad score. Funny how as my opponents the opponents manage to get to 4 spades - I can never get my partner to sufficiently support my suits - and a rather horrible 5-0 trump break but why didn't they double 5 hearts?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users