BBO Discussion Forums: Not played, not average! on Bridge Mates - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not played, not average! on Bridge Mates

#41 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-15, 13:35

View Postmycroft, on 2024-March-15, 12:13, said:

They got rid of the weird double/redouble exception to transfers. Now, any call (except pass) that shows a specific suit is Announced (with the name of the suit shown).

I think this is a huge step forwards and would urge every other RA to go the same way.

#42 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2024-March-15, 14:08

Michael, I think it would be useful to post your guidelines in it's own, pinned thread.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#43 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-March-15, 15:30

View Postjillybean, on 2024-March-15, 14:08, said:

Michael, I think it would be useful to post your guidelines in it's own, pinned thread.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#44 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-March-17, 16:23

I could do that, but I'd want to have some idea how people would want it laid out. My 5-pager formatted well for "our unit bulletin"; not sure it works well as a (series of) posts in a forum thread. With my - idiosyncrasies? - it could easily become simply incomprehensible.

Another issue is that that guide was an object of its time - and its time was 2019. Many of the "common changes" I mentioned were so common that everybody is comfortable with them now (and many aren't, like the delayed alerts of slam auctions that still universally get preempted by "what's 4NT?" because nobody does what they should, so nobody has learned to wait and assume it's coming. And I'm not sure we're ever going to get rid of "transfer", and frankly 95% of the time, that's not a problem). How many remember "turn of the century" Alerting as their "basis" any more? (real question)
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users