BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for an Advanced Beginner Partner - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for an Advanced Beginner Partner

#1 User is offline   Vysotskii 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-03, 18:48

I'm looking for an advanced beginner partner to play several times a week on BBO for masterpoints. I currently have 7 masterpoints. The conventions I use are transfers, blackwood, stayman, weak 2s except 2c. 5 card major openings. If you want to learn more about me: https://www.facebook...ie.manchester.5
In terms of time zones, I am in Arizona until April 30, after that I'll be on East coast time.

#2 User is offline   fizzle2 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-05, 18:55

View PostVysotskii, on 2024-March-03, 18:48, said:

I'm looking for an advanced beginner partner to play several times a week on BBO for masterpoints. I currently have 7 masterpoints. The conventions I use are transfers, blackwood, stayman, weak 2s except 2c. 5 card major openings. If you want to learn more about me: https://www.facebook...ie.manchester.5
In terms of time zones, I am in Arizona until April 30, after that I'll be on East coast time.
Hi. Saw your post and am very interested in playing more online in BBO. I have approximately 189 points, but need much more practice in playing hands. I am retired and live in Wisconsin. If you'd like to give it a try sometime, please let me know. Thanks, Linda

#3 User is offline   jshbridge 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-05, 19:22

I am very interested in exploring an online partnership. I have 6+ MP (marginally higher than my BBO points because I played F2F once in a club and won some fractional points!). I play 2/1 and am about at the same level you are in terms of learning conventions. I live in northern Virginia and am retired, so my schedule is relatively flexible. I have a weekly online lesson with a teacher in Alabama (love what Zoom has made possible!). If you'd like to talk more about whether to do some playing together online, perhaps we could schedule a Zoom visit. BTW I am the same person who sent you a brief message via the Mail section of Messages. I wasn't familiar with this forum site, but subsequently found it.

jshbridge (Janet)

#4 User is offline   jshbridge 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-19, 15:39

Vysotskii, on 2024-March-03, 18:48, said:

Hi, Vysotskii,

I'm not sure if you saw my response to your partnership request; I'm not too familiar with the messaging apps on Bridgebase. I am about at your level (6+ MP and playing the same conventions). If you are still interested in playing together online, please be in touch! You can let me know using the "mail" portion of the messaging area on BBO. I'm not sure what happens if you reply in the forums area. BTW, I am in Virginia.

jshbridge

#5 User is offline   NZ_Acol 

• Pip

Posted 2024-March-21, 13:53

Hello Vysotskii, I have no masterpoints as such, among other because I am in New Zealand, but I think we might be at a comparable level. Have a look at my profile on BBO NZ_Acol. With the current time difference, I am mostly available to play online 12-2pm or 4pm-0am Phoenix time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook