• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't sign into BBO help!

#161 User is offline   dcleal 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-19, 11:50

So, I started poking about, and directly fetched the stylesheet responsible for the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS (https://static.bridg...6f1ea18f388.css). This worked, and now the site works again too. This seems odd to me - I'd have thought that your suggestion to clear the cache would have had a similar effect. In any case, it's working now...

- Dave

#162 User is offline   chessapup 

• Pip

Posted 2020-August-31, 08:51

I am able to use my samsung tablet and phone on BBO but I cannot login on my Acer laptop. A new page come up which is not fully download and in type you can login. The login in page in blue comes up but it will not load to enable login. Have been trying all day.

#163 User is offline   robyrai 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-01, 17:23

I have the BBO program installed on two computers and it does the same on both of them, I open the program, I log in (it allows me) I enter and after a few minutes it disconnects and a sign appears saying that there is an error in the program and It closed, I send you a screenshot of what it does to me, what can I do?

#164 User is offline   Uddel 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-06, 11:18

Hello BBO support.
I am having account only to play Robot Challenge and suddenly refused to log in and bared for 3 years.
I have sent some email from bbolover@yahoo.com to abuse@bridgebase.com but didnt get replied. Kindly provide me explanation what mistake have i done and how to resolve this.

Thanks

#165 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-08, 10:51

View PostUddel, on 2020-October-06, 11:18, said:

Hello BBO support.
I am having account only to play Robot Challenge and suddenly refused to log in and bared for 3 years.
I have sent some email from bbolover@yahoo.com to abuse@bridgebase.com but didnt get replied. Kindly provide me explanation what mistake have i done and how to resolve this.

I don't see a ban on your account, or any attempt to login that was blocked in the past few days.

#166 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-14, 07:10

I can't login to BBO in my preferred browser. It appears that domains of the form https://v3proxysl?.bridgebase.com/ aren't talking to me.

#167 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-16, 15:09

You should never see URLs like that. BBO uses a technology called WebSockets, and the URLs used internally for that are of the form wss://v3proxysl?.bridgebase.com, they shouldn't begin with "https:"

#168 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-17, 09:29

View Postbarmar, on 2020-October-16, 15:09, said:

You should never see URLs like that. BBO uses a technology called WebSockets, and the URLs used internally for that are of the form wss://v3proxysl?.bridgebase.com, they shouldn't begin with "https:"

Thanks. I've done a bit of reading up and a bit of investigation.
My out-of-date Firefox was working fine until Wednesday. The GET request uses the "https:" format with connection:upgrade and upgrade:websocket, but the webconsole uses the "wss:" format to give the 502 error message. Chrome uses "wss:" in the GET request and I can't see any other obvious difference in the headers (not that I have more than a basic knowledge of such things).
I installed some Windows updates on Wednesday morning, which seems suspicious, but I used BBO OK in the afternoon, so it ought to be just coincidence. My guess is that something was reconfigured at your end deprecating my browser.
Anyway, I'm using an out-of-date browser and am seemingly the only person having this problem, so it's unreasonable of me to ask BBO to take it further. I'll keep muddling through in Chrome. It's just a PITA to have to use a browser I don't like in yet another window.

#169 User is offline   davetarsky 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-29, 15:11

Lots of people in UK have had problems logging on for the last two evenings

#170 User is offline   NickRW 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-29, 15:33

Yeah, could not log on tonight (29 Oct at ~7:15pm GMT) or, if after repeated attempts, I eventually got in, the tournament list would not display. Response was slow to non-existent.
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.

#171 User is offline   davetarsky 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-30, 03:33

Come on BBO - tell us what is happening to sort this out

#172 User is offline   davetarsky 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-30, 03:33

Come on BBO - tell us what is happening to sort this out

#173 User is offline   selms12 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-30, 04:41

View PostNickRW, on 2020-October-29, 15:33, said:

Yeah, could not log on tonight (29 Oct at ~7:15pm GMT) or, if after repeated attempts, I eventually got in, the tournament list would not display. Response was slow to non-existent.

We were running a Duplicate event in UK and had exactly the same issues with the tournament list. Many members could not get in at all. So instead of 20 tables we had just 15. Then a couple of those who had got in had issues with being kicked off and then trouble reconnecting (which may have been internet). We started 15 minutes late and finished a round early as BBO was not its normal stable self; our director said that there had been issues the previous couple of days. Is it new BBO software? Can someone please advise.

#174 User is offline   Richard_st 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-02, 13:11

Problems again today - it wouldn't load my results from an instant tournament and now I can't log on and it's saying it couldn't load a critical file. This seems to be happening more and more often, and BBO keeps saying it's been fixed. Well it hasn't! I agree with the above comments - please tell us what is happening, or is there a way to post a notice on the log in screen to state that "we are experiencing problems and are sorting it out" or something.

Thanks.

#175 User is offline   wuudturner 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-02, 13:20

View PostRichard_st, on 2020-November-02, 13:11, said:

Problems again today - it wouldn't load my results from an instant tournament and now I can't log on and it's saying it couldn't load a critical file. This seems to be happening more and more often, and BBO keeps saying it's been fixed. Well it hasn't! I agree with the above comments - please tell us what is happening, or is there a way to post a notice on the log in screen to state that "we are experiencing problems and are sorting it out" or something.

Thanks.

Yep. Same here. It tells me could not load a critical file, check YOUR internet.

Fact is, it is not our internet that is not working, it is theirs. Mine connects me to any other web page I try, and does so virtually immediately. The implication is of course the problem is my fault and mine to deal with, not theirs.

#176 User is offline   nekthen 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-02, 13:39

I am also getting the critical file error on laptop and iPad
What is going on?

#177 User is offline   vEBU207140 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 06:29

Last evening was our Club's busiest evening session and delayed the start of the session. A number of players couldn't get in getting the 'critical file message', as well as no mention of the rooms.

Eventually, I managed to get our session started and then was promptly thrown out as Director for 45 minutes being unable to get back in.

This is quite unacceptable and I am dismayed no-one from BBO seems to be contacting us or admitting there are problems.

We clearly have a recurrence of the previous situation where things are not coping at 7 pm UK time which coincides with the start of afternoon sessions in the US.

This problem has been happening since the clocks went backwards in the UK the other week, and there is no acknowledgement or messages being sent by BBO during the sessions or via the message system.

I am raising this with our National Bridge Organisation as well. Something needs to be done urgently. BBO is starting to lose Clubs to alternate providers (we are going to look at them now as well) and unless things improve, we will have to consider moving away.

I have had an iMac problem for several weeks and have posted messages on the appropriate forums, but again no reply.

This lack of action/interest from BBO may cost it dearly in the long run.

#178 User is offline   tabletwo 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 12:14

View PostvEBU207140, on 2020-November-03, 06:29, said:

Last evening was our Club's busiest evening session and delayed the start of the session. A number of players couldn't get in getting the 'critical file message', as well as no mention of the rooms.

Eventually, I managed to get our session started and then was promptly thrown out as Director for 45 minutes being unable to get back in.

This is quite unacceptable and I am dismayed no-one from BBO seems to be contacting us or admitting there are problems.

We clearly have a recurrence of the previous situation where things are not coping at 7 pm UK time which coincides with the start of afternoon sessions in the US.

This problem has been happening since the clocks went backwards in the UK the other week, and there is no acknowledgement or messages being sent by BBO during the sessions or via the message system.

I am raising this with our National Bridge Organisation as well. Something needs to be done urgently. BBO is starting to lose Clubs to alternate providers (we are going to look at them now as well) and unless things improve, we will have to consider moving away.

I have had an iMac problem for several weeks and have posted messages on the appropriate forums, but again no reply.

This lack of action/interest from BBO may cost it dearly in the long run.

I noticed on EBU website the following:
We are aware of issues affecting games on BBO. A lot of clubs have been impacted with games disrupted last week and again last night. BBO have issued the following statement:
"Our whole tech team is working on this. We thought we fixed it last week but apparently it was not enough. We're doing our best to get back to normal as soon as possible."

#179 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-03, 15:03

View Posttabletwo, on 2020-November-03, 12:14, said:

I noticed on EBU website the following:
We are aware of issues affecting games on BBO. A lot of clubs have been impacted with games disrupted last week and again last night. BBO have issued the following statement:
"Our whole tech team is working on this. We thought we fixed it last week but apparently it was not enough. We're doing our best to get back to normal as soon as possible."

Those of us with a background in IT know how difficult it is to foresee or address such problems. But also how urgent and necessary it is to communicate them to customers. This message should be on BBO, not just EBU.

#180 User is offline   Lynton14 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-17, 07:38

I have been playing successfully on a relatively old I pad running iOS 9.3.5 But last night and today can't get past the login page which seems frozen altho adverts keep streaming along the top . I can however get online using my I phone or desktop computer.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users