• 2 Pages +

How to reach a slam

#21 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-April-30, 11:37

Fluffy, on Apr 30 2004, 12:02 PM, said:

I see a hidden danger for Last train on this deal: partner can have difficulties to evaluate because he doesn´t know if trumps are or , I supose both can be handled someway if you want (5 LTTC with fit) but tat is even harder to have talked about unless you played for about 8-10 years already.

I

Hi, the fact that partner doesn't know what the suit will be is not a problem, hidden or otherwise. For example, if partner now rejects slam, with a four spade bid and trumps should be diamonds, I think you can figure out what to do. I do not use 5 as LTTC for on this auction.

said bidding 5 is askign for control is an overbid I wouldn´t normally do, mainly because of lack of Aces. But I don,´t agree with your examples: you can play light leaping michaels, but only on direct seat (I would use on both examples on direct seat as well), on 4th sit opponents are really likelly to bid pass the rest of the bidding, you are prenty of space to reopen with just 2, and maybe later bid 3/4, so a 4 bid on 4th should be a hand where you have about 9 tricks yourself when there is fit.

Misho is trying to break me of light leaping michaels, as he is making me (hehehe) play the 4 jump as 1 round force. I can not think of a hand where a jump to four diamonds in the balancing seat, bypassing even the chance to play 3NT, would ever be the right bid with just diamonds. So I am going to respectifully disagree with your concept that a balancing leaping michaels makes no sense. The problem with bidding 2 is you may not get a chance to show your later. It may go 2 all pass, when you belong in . My experience has been this leaping michaels is very useful.

BTW: to quote twice in same post you just use the keywords of quote 'manually'?

YES
--Ben--

#22 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-April-30, 11:47

hallway, on Apr 29 2004, 06:00 PM, said:

Leaping Michaels (not you I hope Jake !?)

Last trains (should beginner's be out that late ?)

LTTC's

ZAR points

My word Beginners are expanding their horizons fast these days - !!

You are correct, of course, Maureen, that material in this thread has wildly gone off course for beginners or novices. However, I would like to say in defense of myself (leaping michaels) and the others who dragged other concepts into this thread that...

1) Osh asked "I play SAYC with some gadgets, but your suggestion will be welcome with any system." This sort of opens the door to the suggestions being made, and

2) Concepts being discussed should be in at least the vocabulary of most of the intermediates who read this thread. Heck a few interrmediate players brought some of these ideas up. :D

Ben
--Ben--

#23 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

Posted 2004-April-30, 16:33

If I'm allowed to have Roman Jump Overcalls with Leaping/Slippery Michaels, I can get there - can I, huh huh huh? :D
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users